Need some advice on baby swings..

Jcliff

Reaction score
So on a whim, my husband and I registered for the Fisher Price Cradle swing. I didnt realize how much space it takes up... We live in a smaller condo so space is an issue. Im thinking of returning this swing and purchasing a smaller portable swing, probably the "Comfort and Harmony portable" this is like half the size. Its low to the floor however and doesnt look as comfortable. Can I put an infant in this swing? Or should I just keep the Cradle swing? THANKS:thumbup:

Many people do just fine with a portable swing. My babies have preferred side to side, so we need the bigger one that can do either direction. But yes, swings do take up room! For us, it's always been worth it. But every baby is different.

I agree with Catherine, my kids liked the side to side. Dd2 was super colicky and our entire first 6 months was spent trying to soothe her. She slept well in the swing, but once the 30 min timer stopped she would start screaming again. Most nights we spent laying on the couch next to the swing pushing the button...this time we are either going without a swing or a very cheap one from the 2nd hand store, most likely the portable kind

Thanks! I also like the idea of the portable so I can move it around the house.

We had a big graco one with our first. Took up tons of space. She hated the swing.... We never used it only the bouncer. Needless to say the graco swing is gone! I bought the fisher price discover and grow swing. It is a space saver swing. We already put it together, it's SO much smaller.... So I'm glad about that. Not sure if this second baby will like it or not, but I bought it for only $55 on amazon, so it was really cheap for swings. I know they have it at buybuybaby and you can use a 20% off coupon so it will only cost $65 there. Again, every baby is different in what they like, and so is every mama! If anything, I would highly recommend a bouncer. We didn't register for one, never had one. When our daughter HATED the swing, my husband went out to target when she was 2 wks old and bought a $25 bouncer that vibrates. She loved that, and that's really all we used for her. Good luck shopping :)
Here's mine: https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price...1366735846&sr=8-7&keywords=fisher+price+swing
Again, haven't used it with baby, but love it's size.

Oh man I just have to keep putting in my two cents..my mother in law had the comfort and harmony pink portable swing. I didn't like it, my daughter couldn't even fit into it when she was only 2 1/2 months old. ( granted she was a big baby, always up in the 90% for height and weight) but I didn't like it at all. Who knows, your baby girl may be big and grow fast too. just something to think about. That's why I got the fisher price one now... Go look in the stores at them, babies r us and buy buy baby have them out on display. ok I will leave your thread alone now. :)

jules! thanks for the advice. I think my husband and I are going to look at the swings on thursday! Also, after receiving our high chair ( a big high chair with legs), i think im going to return this as well and buy the space saver one that straps to chair and turns into booster eventually. Oh man, I feel like i registered on a complete whim!! At least I have the option to return right!?

Yes, I never got the big highchair, and have the fisher price space saver highchair too! I love it, it's worked out great. My daughter is going to switch to a booster now at the table, so I will use this highchair for second baby to sit in with us at the table. It reclines, so I can just use it as a baby seat when the rest of us are eating, then it also goes straight upright for a highchair. I like this product also, check it out in the store!

We got the 'my little sweetie' fisher price swing (I think it's called... like the snugabunny). Takes up a lot of room... had to move a few things out of the living room. But it looks SO comfy and I love it, so I am happy with this decision. As for the high chair, we got a maxi-cosi one, and it folds up to almost nothing! Can't wait to use it :)

we got the my little lamb platinum edition swing and it's big! thankfully space isn't to much of a concern right now and it folds for easy moving/storage.
I have heard GREAT things about this seat and it's not to big, great for smaller spaces! https://www.target.com/p/4moms-clas...069959&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14069959

I can't really add much about how well my baby likes the swing yet, but we just received the swing we had registered for on Amazon. We put it together this past weekend, and it's super portable and space-efficient.

https://goo.gl/bFe1P

Might be worth checking out? I figure it's best to start with the relatively cheap and space efficient options for things and then figure out Plan B later if it turns out nothing we have soothes him :) It's not like he's going to come out announcing he'd prefer a swing that moves side-to-side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->