Need Some Advice

my3devils

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i'm new to the forum and i have a few questions. i'm 20 weeks pregnant with my fourth and due to health reasons my doctor has said i can either have a c section, or a epidural with the vaccum. now all my other delieveries have been normal, but due to my health i can't have any stress on my head so thats is the choices. i've talk to many people and read good and bad things about c section but i have 3 babys under 6 and i was wondering if any had experiences with either or both, haven't heard many things about the vaccum but have heard that you get the whole deal with that, as i mean you get cut the whole through including your musle down there, any advice would be great thanks again

:hugs: Im sorry I dont have any advice for you...Im sure alot will. But I wanted to say Hi and Welcome to BnB!

hi hun ive had 3 sections the recovery time is a bit longer than normal delivery it will take u a few days to get up and about walking properly the vacuum(ventouse) is a device that has a little cup type thing that they attach to babies head while in labour and help pull baby out as u push,
here is a vid of section birth https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5584604364967316571

My sister has had 3 sections and she swears by them, she was uncomfy initially, but that was not for too long but on the whole, she thought it was a doddle, espcially her last one! Not sure I would share her views.....but then, I have never had one :lol:

Don't like the sound of the vacuum on the babies head!

My DD was born by forceps, so not exactly the same as the ventouse, but i would imagine it is pretty similar! It didn't take long at all for me to recover from the delivery, & all that really mattered was that she was born safely!

Wouldn't you still have to push with the Ventouse though, maybe a section would be better, less stress for your head, which is what you say needs to be avoided!!

That section vid is pretty nifty! I was born in Hartford, CT!

Okay, I just watched the video, and found on that showed a natural birth. Um, can I just keep the Peanut in me forever.....please? Neither looks like a very good option.:wacko:

yeh agreee :O a want it stay in me now :( aaaaa ... Do u need to be awake for a C section?

if its emergency section and u havent had the epidural then i think they knock u out but if its planned they use spinal block u cannot feel nothing from chest down they also put screen in front of u so u cannot see them doing it but when baby is out they put baby up so u can see after born

Honestly, I'd take a section over having the forceps and or the vaccum. I had both with my son and his head was completely bruised all over for days after, it was terrible to see :cry:

if its emergency section and u havent had the epidural then i think they knock u out but if its planned they use spinal block u cannot feel nothing from chest down they also put screen in front of u so u cannot see them doing it but when baby is out they put baby up so u can see after born

Mine will be planned because i have a heart condition :( !! cant i be asleep :'( !!

they dont like u to be asleep in case anything goes wrong under anesthetic but thats my hospital maybe they do it different in scotland u will have to ask ur options but i liked being awake and seeing baby right after i wanted to make sure they gave me right baby lol id watched too many of those switched at birth films i think lol

p.s u can have someone in there with u sitting beside u so u can talk to them to take ur mind off it while they are doing it they have to wear all the green stuff tho lol

Do You Like Feel Anything :S Like Them Pulling the baby out your tummy :O ? i dont think i could lie knowing there have me cut open:))

well when i had my first as id had the epidural all i felt was tugging and pulling it didnt hurt though
with my planned sections i had the spinal and didnt feel anything at all

I've never had a c-section. However, my first son was born vaginally and they attempted to use the vaccum at one point. My advice would be if you go with the vaccum DO NOT allow a med student, resident etc to operate it. My OB (different from my current OB) handed the vaccum to a resident without helping her to use it. He ended up with horrible bruises with blisters on his head and a cephalohematoma which calcified. He now has a permanent lump on his head from that twit.

If you have the help and support for postpartum then I would probably go with the c-section. But that's just my 2 cents. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->