Need Some Advice

Kelly177

2 little girls aged 5 & 3
Reaction score
Help Me Please Someone My 7 Months Old Started Waking During The Night Like 2 Months Ago And Wakes About 3 or 4 times EVERY Night Without fail, so i tryed warming the room up didnt work cooling the room down didnt work more blankets nope less blankets nope sleeping beside me didnt work calpol before bed beacuse i thought it might be her teeth as she is teething and nope that didnt work either even giving her calpol when she wakened during the nite and to get her back to sleep she has to have her bottle which is probley because she doesnt take a dummy. ive tryed giving her a pillow and that didnt work either im really at my wits end and its causeing me and my other half to argue as were both tired alot now any one been threw the same with any advice? :shrug:

How is her routine during the day? How is she eating? Does she still have reasonable amounts of milk? Does she nap?

We had teething wakings but not until about 13 months... We had lots of ups and downs for about 6 months (put a spare mattress, pillow and duvet next to his cot and spent some time lying/sleeping there - gentlest for him, whilst maximising our rest...)

What do you do to resettle her?

Her routine hasnt changed she only naps twice a day once for a hour and another for 40 minutes and we dont put her down till about 9 at nte hopeing she will sleep longer but nothing works she get a bottle in the morning and then breakfast then lunch then maybe a fruit cup and if shes cranky the only way to settle her for her nap is another bottle i make 8 onzes each time she would drink about 5 or so during the say then she gets dinner and another bottle at bed time but its got ive to take a bottle to bed with me beacuse when she wakes its the only way to get her back to sleep is her bottle so by wakeing 3 or 4 times a nte she has this bottle drunk as well i was thinking on going to the doctor but hes just goin to say shes teething :(

Hi hunny

My daughter has been a terrible sleeper since birth! PU/PD worked for a while but then failed.

Big problems have been reflux and teething-she has 15 now and has been teething what seems like all her life since 4 months!

I have looked at our patterns though to see if i have done any "accidental parenting". Like going into her room at the slightest noise (NOT a good thing to do). But otherwise i think i have been sensible.

When LO wakes do you keep her in her room? Or take her to where you are? It is best to persist and keep them in their bed so they learn it is sleep time:)

Do you calm down activities before bed? Like no bouncing around and crazy stuff before bed?

Do you use infacol or dentinox for wind? My LO would regularly wake herself up with zee farties without infacol.

When you dry her after the bath is it nice dimly lit and quiet room?

You may think i am talking out of mu ass but i am just thinking of stuff we have had to change over the months:)

She only settles for sleep/naps using a bottle? Or can you settle her any other way? Sounds like she may be waking and unable to self-settle without a bottle.

I wonder if it is worth trying to go through the pain of "putting her down awake" (so she is used to settling from awake?). Short term pain for longer term gain?

I would also add that she sounds like shes not sleeping enough during the day for 7months. I found Arielle would sleep so much better when she got good naps during the day.

I followed the "save or sleep" routine by Tizzie Hall (roughly) as she had a good program to follow which gave good tips about how to set our day up so lo would be ready for her sleeps. Might be worth giving the book a look...a bit hard to explain it all in a post :)

I remember Arielle had a sleep regression around 4.5 months, which sounds about the same as your lo, and it took until about 8 months for me to sort it out.

It really does make things so much harder when you don't have proper sleep. Hope it improves for you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->