Need some help/advice please?

Amy-x

Mummy to a princess
Reaction score
Haven't been on here for a very long time! But I'm hoping someone may able to give me some advice or personal experience. I have in the last 3 weeks began NTNP. It will be 3 weeks on Thursday. I have had unprotected sex twice. And every other time I have used the withdrawal method. Apart from the two times mentioned. I have no clue when my next period is due as I always forget! I just know it has been at least 3 or 4 weeks since a period. But also, my periods are irregular. I am on a medication I will have to stop within first few weeks of pregnancy just to be on safe side (sotalol) I was just wondering when I should or could take a pregnancy test to get an accurate result or what I should do? Sorry of this sounds like silly questions to ask. I just need to be cautious due to the medication. It was about 2 weeks ago nearly I had the first unprotected sex without using the withdrawal method (which I know is unreliable sometimes anyway) thanks for any advice you may have xx

Hey there....didn't wanna read n run but if ur unsure of wen ur period is due its hard to say. but if u think its been 3 weeks since ur last period i wud start testing in a few days using first response hpts. if its been 4 weeks since then they shud start showing up now....or u can give it another week to b sure.

It's my own fault really. I had one of them little period diary things for last year and haven't got around to ordering one for this year yet. But it's definitely at least 3 weeks ago. If for example I had of got pregnant in the last 2 weeks say, would a test show positive just yet? Thank you for your reply x

TBH if you're on a medication you need to stop right away i would think about changing to either trying, or preventing, as opposed to not trying and not preventing.

That being said, there are apps you can use online, Fertility Friend is one commonly used to help you chart your periods, but if you have irregular periods you really might need to be keeping more track. Natural Family Planning is a non invasive method (thats really what most people who are TTC follow) method where you learn your fertile periods (to either have sex, or avoid it) by tracking your temps, cervical mucus and so on.

i need some adive me and my Husband had sex on feb 1st 1 week after my period ended and yes he finished 2-3 drop inside me, 5 days later ive been having on and off cramps , nothing like af cramps , but by feb 10 or 11 ive had disharge till about feb 14 , but on feb 13 i noticed a light pink spoting and that was it , then on feb 15 we tried to have sex but didnt last long becuase i was light bleeding very little, light red , and i wiped and that was it there was no pain, im still cramping and today in the morning feb 19 i started to get white thick disharge like a lil clump, and ive been having back pains, nipple feel tingly on and off, urination has been more frequent and ive been gassy and tired more than usual, could i be pregnant?1

i realy need some advice if its possible that im pregnant , please some one reply as soon as possible, i havnt felt these 2 weeks on/off cramp before , after my cycles

Jen the only thing you can do is test. all early pregnancy symptoms are exactly the same as those that can be felt by an oncoming period

Ariannda i took a test last week but it came out negative, i think it was to soon to test, i should be starting my period around this week or beging of next week

yes last week was way too early. The general rule is you can begin testing at 10 days post ovulation, or 2-3 days before the suspected onset of your period

Ariannda, I have discussed with my cardiologist that I am starting to try for another child. He doesn't have a problem or hasn't told me not to do so. I have only been on this new medication because of this for a week which is less dangerous than the previous medication I was on. I can't just stop taking the medication straight away as it is for my heart. He has advised I find out as soon as possible. Which is why I am waiting to either have my period or find out whether or not I am pregnant or not, so I know we're I'm at. That's why I was wondering when I could test etc x

okay Ariannda thank you for the input, do you mind if i keep you posted from now untill i take a test and see results

that makes sense, however i would still move into a tacking phase if nothing else so that you may have a better idea in the future as well as be able to keep up with whats going on with your cycles in general :)

The problem with a medically necessary medication (in your case for a heart arrhythmia) is that you need it, and while it may have potential side effects on an unborn baby it becomes one of the kinds of drugs that are determined to be more beneficial than not. Im not sure if there's a safer medication for use during pregnancy but as your cardiologist just changed you to this one i would suspect it's the safest (it's been in use for awhile) to currently be had at least at the current dosage you need.

Yes that's the problem as its for my heart I need to take it right until I find out I am pregnant then I will get an early appointment with my cardiologist to decide what to do next, but I am on on a lowered dose and a different medication after discussing with him that we are to begin trying again. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->