Need some help...at loggerheads with contraception!!

londonbird

Reaction score
Okay so finally implanon out after all that saga..dress size smaller..but hideous experience!!

Now we really are confused as to what next. I said would take the pill for the meantime..

Here I am sat looking at the pills, nope, dont want it. All the hormones... been taking hormones for over 12 years...really dont want to continue. Not happy using any contraception myself.

Oh will use condom, but...not having used this for primary contraception am worried this is gonna mean breaks/Morning after pill every month if not more.

I cant use the following:

Combined pill
depo
impant
coil - doctor wont fit

..OH will not get the snip either!!

Just seem to be going around in circles....arrrg..

Any help ladies?? Am I going to be up family planning every weekend if we use condoms?? lol

U mentioned that OH won't get the snip? Am i right then in assuming u aren't WTT? Ever? If not, wat about u getting steralised? Drastic I know but only option I can think off.
I'll bo honest, don't think it's something I would want.

Yeah im a bit confused. Are you actually WTT??

Condoms would be your best bet tbh. I dont understand why you think they'd break etc.... they're very simple to use. x

I think she wants a baby but her OH dosent. I used comdoms for a year and only had one opps and nothing came of it.

He wants to wait until I can afford to support a baby, ie when I am fully qualified. Which if I do my MA as well, which I would like to do, and thinking of doing Phd also, well takes a 3 year wait to 5-6 years. He dosent want me to get sterilised, said, just wait. But...really its unbearable to me, which I have tried to explain

I did look into sterlisation, I would have to go private due to my age. The way I feel right now its. Reduce the wait or get sterlised. I cannot stand it. This is upsetting him seeing me research it- but I feel he has left me with little options.

Okay, will say to him we will use condoms. See how it goes. I can just see taking the pill making me angry/withdrawn/resentfull...which isnt a good start after having the implanon out!!

Thanks guys :)

Have a look at natural family planning! It's a method of charting your waking temperatures plus cervical mucus or position in order to determine when you're fertile (condom) and when you aren't (have fun!). Toni Weschler has a very good book on the subject. Or try persona? Slightly less safe but pretty foolproof and not much hassle. Both would give you more safety than condoms alone.

Oh yeah the pill did the same thing to me hun. I realllyyy resented taking it everyday. Good luck with everything :hugs: xx

when i came off the pill we used condoms without any probelms - at first it was hard to remember to put them on when your so used to just going with the flow and it can ruin the moment a bit lol. We dont bother now and we use pull out - i know when im most fertile and im extra careful around that time (or not this month lol)

xx

I'm in two minds at the moment whether or not to replace my implant when it gets taken out on 15th. I hate the pill, I forget to take it and I ballooned when I took it. Not nice.

I wonder how many people use condoms all the time with their long term partners. I can imagine this being a pain in the arse, but it's a mans responsibility too if they aren't ready for little ones xx

We have used condoms for 3 years nearly - 1 split - we were both drunk - so I blame us more than the condom!

We have used condoms for 3 years nearly - 1 split - we were both drunk - so I blame us more than the condom!

3 years? Wow... Don;t you find they spoil the moment? That's my only worry with using them :(

My DH and I have used condoms and the pill for 4 years. We knew there was no way we could support a baby due to DH's debts, so we wanted to be doubly sure we wouldn't fall pregnant.

Now I've just stopped the pill to start charting, but won't make much difference to DH as he's used to condoms.

It has never, ever ruined the mood for us. It goes on in seconds and just because he's putting on the condom doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying him! I often put it on for him instead, which certainly seems to help things :blush:

We use latex-free very thin ones and he loves them, as do I. Nice not to have that awful wetness afterwards as well, though I shall have to get used to it when TTC later in the year of course.

Oh, and we've never, ever had an accident with condoms.

That's actually put my mind at rest. Thank you!

My OH has agreed to use condoms! Lets just hope my labido comes back after this implant is removed on 15th! x

oh condoms go on fine, but they always come off etc... hmm

okay..shall see what happens tonight!!! normally we chuckle when they come off...but I wont be chuckling tonight!!!

we like using them for fun..etc etc... so thats a non issue, I just know we will have an "accident" every bloody week... gonna try it :)

Thanks guys!!

3 years? Wow... Don;t you find they spoil the moment? That's my only worry with using them :(

Don't get me wrong...I dont love them or anything...but when I was on BCP, towards the end (I was on it for 5 years), my libido really suffered. TBH I would rather want sex and have to use a condom than not want sex but not have the slight irritating bit where it need to go on!

DH really good about it, he didnt want me pumping myself full of hormones so he agreed that condoms were the best way forward (and we did know that we would be TTC at some point so I wanted to get my cycles back)

Don't get me wrong...I dont love them or anything...but when I was on BCP, towards the end (I was on it for 5 years), my libido really suffered. TBH I would rather want sex and have to use a condom than not want sex but not have the slight irritating bit where it need to go on!

DH really good about it, he didnt want me pumping myself full of hormones so he agreed that condoms were the best way forward (and we did know that we would be TTC at some point so I wanted to get my cycles back)

Well that's my viewing on it too. Sorry for TMI, but me and the OH barely have sex at the moment, I just don't want it, and he's never pressured me and our relationship is a lot deeper than just sex, but it gets me down when we have a good old 'bonk' once every 2 months. Maybe that's why he's agreed about the condoms!

I'm definitely going to give it a try anyway, your experience using them all the time sounds a lot better than I was imagining it might be like. I've not been implant/pill/injection free for well over 6 years too... So this should be fun! :wacko:

Well that's my viewing on it too. Sorry for TMI, but me and the OH barely have sex at the moment, I just don't want it, and he's never pressured me and our relationship is a lot deeper than just sex, but it gets me down when we have a good old 'bonk' once every 2 months. Maybe that's why he's agreed about the condoms!

I'm definitely going to give it a try anyway, your experience using them all the time sounds a lot better than I was imagining it might be like. I've not been implant/pill/injection free for well over 6 years too... So this should be fun! :wacko:

Good luck with them - they really arn't as evil and unreliable as some people seem to think :wacko:

With us we had loads of fun with them at first - flavoured, ribbed, tingley etc and then DH found a type he felt most comfortable and natural with and it has just become normal now.

I know what you mean about the lack of sex thing - when I was on BCP at the end we were still having sex a few times a week but it feel like DH was having to pester me into it!!! Which was really weird because my head definitely wanted sex but my body wasnt responding to what my head was saying - it was very very weird!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->