Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
right so Leo's current routine is

9am - 8oz bottle
1pm - fruit or veg puree and maybe a bit of juice if he will take it
5pm - fruit or veg puree and 8oz bottle
9pm - 8oz bottle

Now at lunch time (his 1pm feed) im worried. At this time he used to have the puree and an 8oz bottle but he would cry and cry through the bottle and just wouldnt take it. so i thought it must have been too much for him and dropped the bottle. hes fine on this routine and isnt hungry between feeds. but im having trouble because he will not drink cooled boiled water. ive tried him on it since he was born and he just refuses it everytime. so i bought baby juice and only add like an ounce of it to 8oz of water but he still wont drink it. i know you shouldnt give juice from a bottle so i dont. ive tried him with various sippy cups and trainer cups and he still wont drink it :hissy:

its really frustrating as to me i dont think hes getting enough at lunch time. he just has the one jar. do u think this is enough?? he wont take milk at this time and wont take water or juice. wat can i do????

any advice at all would be a massive help

xx

I wouldn't do the juice, I personally think it's much better to get them drinking water really well before you do any juice, I don't do juice until over a year :) I understand why you wanted to try, but since it isn't working I would just hold off with that. Really he doesn't HAVE to have the water, if he doesn't want it and is satisfied with the bottles and food then he's fine. As long as he's having wet diapers still I really wouldn't be worried. He also gets alot of water just from the food he takes in too so the bottles aren't the only fluids his body is actually getting. I would just keep offering with his meals but don't push it, if he needs it he will drink it :)

The one jar is plenty. Amelie doesnt always take a feed right after her lunch and she only eats 1/3 of the jar at once. + I agree with the above post, keep offering water but if he doesnt take it, dont stress. X

i stagger my milk feeds and solid feeds as Annabelle isnt a very big milk drinker anyway so i know if i gave her food and milk she would never drink it.

as for the drinking we also struggled to get annabelle to drink from a cup, we use Dr Brown bottles so i used a tommee tippee bottle to begin with so thatthere was a difference in bottles then managed to find a cup she would drink out of eventually and changed her over to just the cup not the bottle

Lou
xxx

Jake was like this so i brought some little syringes and just gently squirted little bits in his mouth and he drank it just fine.

I think i was because the water comes out of the bottle too fast and makes them choke a little.

As for feeding jake is a big boy so he eats quite a bit

8am - 8oz bottle and porridge

12pm - 2 cubes savoury and 2 cubes fruit. Water

3pm - 8oz bottle

4pm - 2 cubes savoury and 2 cubes fruit. Water

7pm - 8oz bottle

thanks for the advice ladies. ill just keep tryin him with water at lunch then if he doesnt take it at least i know hes gettin enough x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->