Need some help with christening

dizzyisacow

wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
hello all :)

its baby's christening next month and im doing a few things myself but running out of ideas.
im doing the invitations, some bracelets with the theme colour (yellow) and a little cross hanging off it for the guests, and ill be decorating my back yard where we will have catering for 80 people and i need ideas on how to decorate it.
the actual theme is yellow ducks but im also using yellow flowers/balloons/boats anything! the original idea was to put loads of ducks in the swimming pool (rubber) i have those, and some floating flowers in yellow. im also going to tie yellow ribbon around the tree and gate, yellow napkins and a few yellow tablecloths.
now i need more ideas for decorating, for example what can i put in the tree? i was going to do floating candles but it will be 12pm so they wont show.

any help?

You could make bunting for the tree:

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/25/homemade-bunting
https://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/12/02/how-to-make-a-bunting-holiday-decoration/

You could have a pinata for the kids (or adults who like to act like kids!:happydance:).

Maybe a few nice pictures of your baby on the table.

Hope this helps.

Thanks :) i was actually thinking about pictures of the baby on the table but was unsure about how to go about it. i mean i can print them out on card for example but then what? how do i present them? and there will be long rows of tables so i will need a few. or maybe i can use his pics in decoration. i even have a whole album on the computer i took of him in yellow and with ducks so i have nice ones.

If you're going to put flowers out would you be able to print out some photos on card then attach them standing up so they form a triangular or square 3d shape and put the vase in the middle of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->