Need some help with soy and dosage...

arlosmama

Reaction score
I am currently on CD2 and decided that I want to try the soy isoflavones. I have been having crazy periods since the birth of my son in 2008 with lots of spotting...once he weaned....things got better but not great. I just had my esgtrogen and progesterone checked and the doc said it was normal...but then this cycle was 2 days early with a week of spotting before. My menstrual symptoms have also been a mess and I never ovulated last month. I just turned 37 so I would like to think I still have some miles on my uterus...but am feeling discouraged. I went to Whole Foods and purchased some soy isoflavones...the ingredients say soy 500mg and 5% isoflavones, 25mg. What should my dosage be? Everyone is saying 80 mg...but mine would only be 75 with the pills I have...should I take more? Everything online contradicts each other...any help would be greatly appreciated...

Good luck and sticky dust to all of you....

Here is the thread I started to ask about soy, I Hope it helps I got some nice responses!
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/687148-question-taking-soy.html

personally for me i took 120mg of soy on cd3-7, the information that i read was that how ever mg of soy u take is half of that of clomid...so my 120=60mg of clomid, per say. i experienced no bad side effects with the dose i took, just a few hot flashes. this was my first cycle taking soy and so far i have no complaints! good luck to you and lost of :dust: Also if you use the search box and type in soy isoflavones, there are other threads about it.

Thanks so much. That was helpful. I am still confused about the dosage for my bottle.

It reads

Serving: 1 capsule
Soy (bean) 500mg
5% Isofalvones, 25mg

So do I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. Or just 2 at night and start out on a low dosage? So sorry but tomorrow is my CD3 and I don't want to miss....

Thanks again form the post....

i would take them all at once, just my opinion. also if it were me i would take a total of 4 tablets=100mg of soy isoflavones=50mg of clomid. if you find that the dossage is too high for you, you can always take it down some. and also to minimize the side effects i took mine at the same time every night.....dont notice the side effects if you are asleep :)

100mg of soy is equivalent to 50mg of clomid, strongly suggest cd 3-7 4-8 or even 5-9. you goals is for a singglt health egg, too early in cycle can produce more than one and you are then at risk of immature ones being forced to pop out which may then lead to multiple eggs possibly being fertilised but then micarrying.

Also recommend taking them all before bed to avoid the side effects, I mosty noticed waking up with hot flushes as the worst effect but glad it was night time as it would have been horrible during the day.

ovulation "should" happen 7-10 days after last dose.

thanks so much ladies...I just took my first dose...4 pills which equals 100mg...what happens if I take it for 2 days and have bad side effects and then have to stop? Does that decrease my chances?

thanks so much ladies...I just took my first dose...4 pills which equals 100mg...what happens if I take it for 2 days and have bad side effects and then have to stop? Does that decrease my chances?

as far as I am aware a couple fo days wil achieve nothing with the soy so cross that bridge when you come to it. Take it before bed and you should be fine - keep us posted. Start drinking green tea now as well 2-3 cups per day will really help with increasing fertile CM even better go for decaf

as far as I am aware a couple fo days wil achieve nothing with the soy so cross that bridge when you come to it. Take it before bed and you should be fine - keep us posted. Start drinking green tea now as well 2-3 cups per day will really help with increasing fertile CM even better go for decaf

Great! I am hoping this helps...I am wondering as to whether I should increase the dose or keep it at 100mg across the board...petrified of twinnies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->