Need some snack ideas

fuzzylu

Twin mum & NPNT
Reaction score
My twins are 13 months old but i keep giving them the same stuff for snacks + trying to save money. any ideas on snacks they can have between meals. they do have the odd biscuite but i try and stick to healthy foods.
at the moment they like

Rasiens
bluberies
grapes
biscuites
bread sticks
banannas
apples (infact most fruits)

I usualy give them yogurt or fruit for desert and they eat quite healthy meals. but fruit is getting very expensive as they eat such alot of it. anyideas on snacks that are not fruit? maybe something i can make and frezze. I will still be giving them lots of fruit and veg but think cutting it down alittle wont hurt them or my bank balance.

oh and we do BLW so can eat most things.

Try the cheese straws recipe from the BLW cookbook. X

How about a bit of toast.
Organix do rice apple cakes, or blueberries rice cakes they are delicious and full of wholegrains so they are nutrious, they are cheap and keep lo fuller for longer

Or if you wanted to do it a lot cheaper buy your own big plain rice cakes and put sliced kiwi or strawberries on them.
Organix do loads of little puff things.
Bread sticks. My lo loves crackers and also chunks of cheese.

What about dried fruit? We don't buy the ones from the baby aisle, we get it from the baking section. A big bag of things like chopped apricots or date and I just put them in a little tupper ware pot if we go out.

What about normal rice cakes, crackers, breadsticks.

Banana or cheese muffins you could freeze and just defrost and warm up.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"