Need some words of wisdom after my 6 wk check

bexxie

Reaction score
Heelllooooo

Had my 6 weeks check today and the docs said all good apart from my BP it is 160 over 90 and he said I need to lose at least 3 stone. I am 13stone 1lb and was 12stone 8lb before getting preg so I didnt really gain with Amelia BUT he said my BMI isnt too good at all along with haveing high BP.

I am nervous TBH I have dealt with lots of people with High BP but when it is you,you are kind of wtf?

Any pearls of wisdom anyone had this?

Good diets to try?> I was thinking of Lighterlife

Bex.x

Get out walking that buggy!

Lol i'm one to talk ! i could do with losing about 2 stone! just will power has willed off somewhere.
one of my friends swore by herbalife stuff.

I been doing slimming world and have lost just over 2 stone .. think it is really easy to follow aswell.

Cheers girls
Am going to join the lighter life thing if one near where I live...is a horrid thought tho giv ing up all those yummy foods,I comfort eat so this is going to have to be tackled too..

Yes and I agree I need to get out more with the pram.
Bex.x

Get out walking that buggy!

Lol i'm one to talk ! i could do with losing about 2 stone! just will power has willed off somewhere.
one of my friends swore by herbalife stuff.

my mum sells herbalife! If you want any onfo on it let me know she will drop you an email. my mum lost alot of weight with it too xxx

may be intersted hun can you give me some info
bex.x

PM me your email adress hun and I'll get her to email you with some info xxx

hi bexxie

my mum is doing slimming world and that is supposed to be really good well she lost 2 stone in about 8 weeks the reason why she likes going is they are supportive and really helpful

Before i got pregnant with this little on i weighed 10 something but wanted to get down to a 9 and i was on slimfast and i had lost about a stone cant remember the proper weight i was before going on it but i know it was a stone i lost in about 6 weeks

i just cut out all the shit like biscuits and stuff and ate loads of fruit and for meals i used to steam or grill my meat and have salads and instead of having a cup of tea i drink lemon tea i also did a workout dvd the kate lawler cardio combat

but why dont you put amelia in her buggy and go out for 20 -30 min walk 3 times a week i heard that keeps you fit

good luck

spunky xx:hugs:

HI and thanks

I walk to school twice a day and that is 10 mins there so thats 40mins i always walk,I know what it is I eat SHIT since I am not pregnant trouble is i eat super healthy foods and crap,I just ate a whole packet of jaffa cakes,three peices of toast and crisps and am resisting throwing up,I had Bullimia as ateen and am not going back there so quickly recognise when i feel the compulsion,truth is food makes me feel good.

Anyway am rambling,thanks will try suggestions
bex.x

Hiya hun, If ever you want dietry advice Im always here to help. If your BP is high aviod crash or fad diets and dont even dream of trying something like atkins!!! You need to consistantly reduce your fat consumption by that I mean just reduce the daily amount, so no system over loads, no red/green days or anything. This will help your weight loss and BP. Im surprised at how much your doctor wants you to lose, what is your BMI and how tall are you?

I will join you on the post baby weight loss as I now have 2st to shift. If you like to binge eat haw about making up a fresh fruit salad with the nice weather, it will be refreshing and help with sugar cravings and you can eat as much as you like.

Maybe we should have a post natal diet thread.

I havent a clue how much i need to lose. Daren't get on the scales, prob a good 2 stone, needed to lose about 1/2 stone b4 got pg :lol:

Haven't got weighed for ages, infact its so long the scales need new batteries:rofl:

Maybe we should have a post natal diet thread.

I havent a clue how much i need to lose. Daren't get on the scales, prob a good 2 stone, needed to lose about 1/2 stone b4 got pg :lol:

Haven't got weighed for ages, infact its so long the scales need new batteries:rofl:

that is such a good idea!!!! i need to lose loads of weight

Well I went to a weight watchers meeting last night and I am so excited about starting it, I know it works, it is healthy and I can do it.......I can't wait to see the pounds drop off again! Good Luck Bex! :hugs: x

Yay Tam .. i started weight watchers last night too!!!

Go for a good long walk with the buggy - good for both you and baby, maybe try going swimming too as that is meant to be good for toning etc

How are you getting on Bex?

I lost 2lbs in my first week :D which is an awful lot for me to lose in one week. Will prob put it back on this week :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->