Need support? What to expect from a social services visit?

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
Hi ladies so basically I stopped my mother and father from seeing DD for very good reason a while ago Today the tried snatching her and assaulted My partner. Anyways my father got arrested and police said they'll send round SS to speak to us and make sure my daughters okay and to stop my father from seeing her which is what I want anyway. What should I expect from the visit? I've never dealt with them before and obviously they're only coming round to help me and my partner keep Dd safe. Even so we've done nothing wrong hearing the words social services has been a bit daunting so can anyone tell me what to expect? Thanks all so much xx

They tried snatching her?! Wtf!!!

I have never dealt with them but know people that have and I dont think you have anything to worry about xxx

I haven't got any personal experience as have only ever spoke to them on the phone. But the best thing is to just be completely honest and open with them. You obviously have nothing to hide and only want to protect your LO. Try not to worry. They are likely to speak to you first on the phone anyway. Hope you're ok. That really is awful that they tried to snatch her. x

My OH used to be a social worker so I asked him. He said the police will make a report to SS who will decide if they need to see you and will contact you if they do. They will observe your DD and may talk to her, they will ask your permission to talk to her. They may ask to look round your house as it's standard procedure but you can refuse if you wish. They may contact your daughters pre school if she's at one, again this is just procedure and if there were any problems they would have notified you first anyway. They will write a report and send a copy to you and let you know if they want to do a follow up check later on.

Hope that helps.

Do not worry, the visit is to support you not to judge you as a parent. SS have to be involved in this as your child is young. They will ask about the history with your parents, how you're coping, how your LO has reacted etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->