Need to boost milk , any suggestions?

m79

Reaction score
I have low milk , lo is 7 months and was ebf until this week when I have introduced prescription formula just before bed ( only takes 3 oz if I'm lucky ) I would like to go back to exclusive bf but I think do to exhaustion we are feeding every 2-3 hours all night and every hour 4-8am I felt I have no choice to go to the bottle before bed to try and give myself some sleep , my boobs are never full and max I can now express is 2 oz I know the constant feeding is her way of getting what she needs but I need rest to produce more milk????? Catch 22 ? Any suggestions ? I'm getting 3 hours now we give her the bottle before bed but not much better I'm loosing weight got shakes dizziness and loosing balance all the time it's getting pretty extreme now i also have a 23 month old and live on my own ( separated from hubby but see him every day) thanks in advance

I drink about 3 l of water a day ;-)

make sure you're eating well too, dizziness sounds like low blood pressure or anaemia, shakes sounds like blood sugars low, eat small meals more often.
Would say take fenugreek to boost supply but it can have an effect with blood sugars so I'd check it out with a pharmacist or dr/health professional.
Can someone take toddler so you can rest when baby does?
And why not start lo on some food or do you want to wait longer?

We are on 3 good meals a day :) no help really with toddler may get a hour or 2 a week if any help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->