Need to have a Rant..

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
So Sunday was supposed to be the start of the official "no more eating crap" diet, seeing as we didnt buy anything "nice" when we went and did the weekly shop.
I was on a major downer Sunday/Monday, I HATE Mothers Day, I'm sure when I have my own children I will love it, but its so commercialized and shoved in your face everywhere you go. I lost my mum to a Brain Tumour in 2001, the pain is still raw and god did I feel it on Sunday.
To make matters slightly worse, MIL invited us round for dinner, so we got her a card and some presents and went round, Thank God for Dancing on Ice! Meant that she wasnt going on at me constantly for 3 hours and has something to distract her.
She is always going on about how my BIL's Wife has lost so much weight due to her being ill with gallstones (used to go Slimming World with her last year, but stopped after wedding) and what am I doing to lose weight, and what is my OH doing to lose weight. My OH isnt even fat! he just has a little beer belly on him! She really does my head in!!
So yesterday I went to Asda and bought a Banoffee Pie, some Crisps, Fruit Cider and had a Burger for Dinner....
So today I feel even more crap coz i Comfort Ate, Argh.
We were supposed to be joining a Gym this month but now we have realised cant afford it.
I'm so annoyed at myself!

:hugs: :hugs: Your MIL sounds like a cow,Im not surprised you needed some comfort food.I would just try and reduce your calories by a little bit this week and Im sure it wont affect your weight loss.
Im sorry Mothers day was hard for you but thats completely understandable and I think your MIL should have been trying to be nice to you,not putting you down. :hugs: :hugs:

Aw Hun sorry about your mum :hugs:
I think most of us have a MIL that is horrible. Mine is always asking me when we will get married and have kids, I hate having to answer it, my OH just doesn't say a thing and it's his fault she's asking these questions because if it was up to me we would have both :(

The comfort eating thing is a problem with me too (especially since I found asda do pringles half price!) and being unemployed and not Being in my own place really gets me down.

Hope you feel better soon Hun, we are all here for you xxx

I think it is a manual they pass out to the MIL when their sons get married. How to piss your DIL off and make her feel like crap is the title:twisted:. I too have been struggling here lately with my weight and the junk food binge is awful but it sure dose hit the spot when you need it. Sorry about your Mom:hug:
Just start fresh today and look at it as a new day, thats what I am going to do. I had a lot of chocolate yesterday it was suppose to be a special day(EDD) but in the end it was just another day to stuff my face. We can do it, at least I hope I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->