Need to know - new to all of this!

Ratastic

Me, my man and two rats!
Reaction score
I think I may be pregnant...for the past two months, I haven't really had a proper period. Both times it's been late, by about 5 or 6 days. And when it's come, it's not like proper blood, it's pink/brown and there's not much of it. And today, I've had the worst headache. I've taken ibruprofen all of today but the headache hasn't shifted. I still have it now. And I've been sleeping ALOT. Like I'll fall asleep on the sofa most evenings before I go to bed, and yet I always manage to still feel tired. And I also have had a bit of diarrhea...! Sorry, little bit of too much info! I just don't know when I can and can't take a test. I have one lying around the house somewhere. I'm usually on the pill, but in December I forgot to take a few pills. Can someone please help me?

I'm 20, but will be 21 in June. My boyfriend is 26. We live together in our own home and both work full time, well paid jobs. I've been through a pregnancy scare before and after talking it through with my fella, we've decided that we would make a go of it if something happened.

Can't wait to hear back from you! :happydance:

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried taking a home prego test at all?

Thanks for replying guys! No, haven't tested yet as I'm not sure if I'm able to? Doesn't it have to be before the period on when it is due? My period was due last week on Thursday but had nothing until Monday, a little bit of light brown pinky stuff which is what has got me thinking...

take a test first thing in the morning when your HCG levels are there highest and hope for the best, if its negative, i'd go to the doctors and get checked up.
lisa x x x

Thanks so much everyone! If I can find the test lying around in my house then I'll do the test tomorrow morning. If not, then I'll make sure I buy one.

:hi: Welcome to BnB!

Yep def. test. But dont forget that if you miss a pill that can also effect your period to.

Good Luck :dust:

Welcome to BnB. Go ahead and take the test ( mornings are usually best) Keep us posted.

BTW, just in case I would try not to take the IB profen (s?) it's not good for you or the baby if you are preggers.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I went online this morning to buy some tests from agonistictests.com or something similar, I've used them before and they're really good. Apparently they are sensitive ones so they should give me a clear result. I really wanted to ask my other half about him getting me some (he's a medic and works on a military base in a medic office) but I don't want to scare him! It's best if I take the test alone, that way if it ends up being negative, then that means he never has to know and he won't be worried.

I have been considering over the past few months whether I should come off the pill and move onto something else. I've been on the pill almost 6 years now and I think my body has just had enough of it. I used to be really good at remembering when to take the pill but now I'm terrible! The pills that I missed were in December, and I know it's no excuse but it must've been because I was busy with the whole Christmas thing etc. Does anyone here use or has used in the past the injection? I've been told about an injection which you get every three months.

I'm going to take the tests when they arrive - wish me luck!

I had this when before i fell pregnant with callum, and every month i would do i test (we were ttc tho) and it was negative.

I would do a test just in case, if not i would maybe go and see your doctor.

I had this when before i fell pregnant with callum, and every month i would do i test (we were ttc tho) and it was negative.

I would do a test just in case, if not i would maybe go and see your doctor.

lorrilou, how many tests did you take before it said positive? Or did you go to your doctor to find out if you were pregnant after recieving so many negative tests?

I don't think you're supposed to take ibruprofen when you're pregnant :|

I don't think you're supposed to take ibruprofen when you're pregnant :|

I don't know if I am pregnant yet. I'm also not supposed to go back on the pill if I'm pregnant, but I'm supposed to go back on it tomorrow. I can't not go back on the pill, incase I'm not pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->