Need to lose 20lbs help?

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
Hiya! Im looking for advice on losing about 20lbs? Ive been on a calorie controlled diet of 1800kcals and 38grams of fat daily and doing around about 30-45 minutes of exercise bike a day but i dont seem to be losing anything :( i cant really do much more working out due to time and a back condition that leaves me in agony after too much exercise, any ideas? :thumbup: thanks in advance

I assume you are counting calories? Do you keep a food journal? Weigh your food? These things are very important for ascertaining your actual intake every day. It doesn't take much to go over your calories for the day without even knowing. Also after you've been dieting a while your body becomes very good at tricking you into eating more by craving things you didn't even know would be a problem.

Also, depending on your size and daily activity level, you very well may need to drop lower than 1800 p day.

Don't worry about exercising more, you're doing well with that. Weightloss is 90% in the kitchen!

Yeah im keeping a food diary and weighing portions etc, im not uk 16 but want to be 12/14..... i think the main problem is i was on 1800kcal a day 6 years ago and lost 5 stone and have kind of come to a stop x

Congrats on losing 5 stone! At least you know you have what it takes to do it! Its a tough job mentally, and physically. So 1800 got you to where you are now? Its typical to have to reduce calories a few times during the course of a diet. Also if you've been on a diet for a long time it can be good to take a little break and eat at maintenence for 2 weeks; reset your batteries.

thank you :) yeah 1800kcals is how i lost that much so far :) i will try that thanks...hopefully it works i dont want to reduce it much more last time i did i found i was getting dizzy spells x

congrates on ur LO :)

https://www.3fatchicks.com/how-to-make-a-homemade-drink-with-electrolytes/

Try this for dizzy spells. Also, make sure you eat something small before and after exercising. But its also a common side effect of weight loss. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->