Need to start supplementing...

Mimzy3

Reaction score
I need to start supplementing due to a supply issue. Yes I've already tried everything! The flu is the one that did me in :cry: And before the flu I had an over supply. Managed to fill up a small deep freezer but my son won't touch the freezer milk. :growlmad:

So far we have tried sample bottles of Similac and Enfamil Gentlease. Mixed them with frozen milk and fresh breast milk and he won't drink it. Not even a single oz. I don't have a lot of fresh milk to play around with so I'm wondering which formulas will a baby that has had nothing but breast milk for 7 months like? And how do I get him to start drinking the formula?

Are you giving the bottles or is someone else? Have you tried leaving the room and having someone else give the bottle? Sometimes when they can smell you and your milk they won't take anything else.
Have you tried a sippy cup instead of a bottle?
Are you able to BF at all? If so maybe a supplemental nursing system with formula will help him to get used to the taste.
Is it the formula that he is objecting to or the nipple on the bottle? Maybe try some different bottle nipples.

He is used to bottles so that wasn't the issue he just HATED the taste of formula. I finally found one he will drink its Earth's Best. But when I gave him 4oz he puked it all up afterwards. So today I just gave him 2oz and he kept it all down. I guess I just have to slowly get his stomach used to the formula now.

Hey Mimzy! Logged in randomly today to look up suplimenting formula and found your thread. How are you and your little man doing? Can you believe our babies are 7 months now??

Hey Mimzy! Logged in randomly today to look up suplimenting formula and found your thread. How are you and your little man doing? Can you believe our babies are 7 months now??

Hi LiteBright! Things have been wonderful, love being a mommy!:cloud9: And no I can't believe our babies are 7 months!!!:wacko:

How's your baby doing?! Hows motherhood? So you've been breastfeeding as well? Any luck starting to supplement with formula?

My supply has actually gone up now that I think the stress has been lifted. I've only been giving him 2-4oz of formula a day. But I really have had enough milk to not have to be supplementing but I still want him to get used to the formula. Just in case... never know when I might need him to take it.

Hi LiteBright! Things have been wonderful, love being a mommy!:cloud9: And no I can't believe our babies are 7 months!!!:wacko:

How's your baby doing?! Hows motherhood? So you've been breastfeeding as well? Any luck starting to supplement with formula?

My supply has actually gone up now that I think the stress has been lifted. I've only been giving him 2-4oz of formula a day. But I really have had enough milk to not have to be supplementing but I still want him to get used to the formula. Just in case... never know when I might need him to take it.

Motherhood has been amazing :) I haven't started suplimenting yet, just doing a little reading up on what formula might be best to introduce. She started solids and I have made it past my goal of 6 months BF. I'm going to slowly wean her over the next few months. Formula is so expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->