need to vent my anger!!!!!!!

danielle1987

mummy 2 a little miracle
Reaction score
So my idiot of a sister is pregant (like 20th pregnancy) as has had numerous terminations.. She has placenta parevia and is telling everyone because it is covering her cervix they are going to deliver her at 24 weeks... This has made me so angry as I know this is not true, and for sum sick reason she wants a premature baby because I had my son at 25 weeks!! Anyone had any experiences with placenta brevia????

I know she is lying but it really infuriates me that she is wanting a 24 week baby... DOES SHE ACTUALLY understand the complications for these little babies at such a young gestation. No sane dr would deliver at 24 weeks unless she haemorraged, if baby is healthy and growing I know they will leave baby in there.

I have Severe bleeding from 19 weeks and delivered at 25 as my placenta completely detatched and not once did the dr say they would deliver at 24 weeks with me!! They want to keep babies in there for as long as possible...Why why why does she have to lie!!!!!!!!!

Rant over!!! xx

I nearly throttled some girl on the maternity ward after listening to her third late-night phonecall relaying her (textbook of course) birth story and the fact her baby was "premature"... baby was born the day before due date.

some people have no idea. An neonatal unit is not a nice place to be, Tiny babies ventillated and worse. The amount of couples we seen lose their babies was heartbreaking, and we were luckily enough to bring our little miracle home, not without a few hurdles first tho.

Ofcourse it always is text book.

My sister for some reason is trying to outdo me as sick as that sounds.. I have a 25 week baby so only naturally she want a 24 week baby.

I know that she is only 13 weeks so the hospital would definitely not be discussing delivery at 24 weeks (as they see baby as not viable right now) and even then, placenta previa does not mean delivery at 24 weeks more like 36/37 - It just means it will need to be caesarean and odds are the placenta will have moved..

She annoys me to the point i feel sick when i think about her xx

Do you know who her doctor/midwife is? Perhaps a phone call might alert them to watch her more carefully? I would be as concerned as you are as it sounds very strange and somewhat 'sick' that she wants to compete with you!

best wishes

Doesn't sound right. I had complete previa at 20 weeks. Considering my high risk pregnancies, previous c section scar and previous still birth you would expect that they would talk about delivering early but they never did. They told me that it would probably move which it did by my 24 wks. I still needed up having baby early via emergency section but that wasn't because of the previa it was for different reasons.
13 weeks is too early to talk about delivering early simply due to a low placenta.
Even with severe blood flow issues like mine they still don't deliver unless they really have to. I was told at 24 weeks that baby wasn't getting enough blood flow but they didn't talk about delivering until I hit 28 weeks.

They found my complete previa at 14 wks. They were hopeful it would move, it does in most cases...but I have twins so it's not going anywhere. I've had a few slight bleeds but no one said anything about delivering right now due to that at all. I have other issues they are monitoring me for but my gosh I hope it doesn't come to that for her. If you have big bleeds they will hospitalize you to monitor the mom since it can be harmful to both baby and mom. Not delivery talk at this point!

wow, there are just no words... I would not wish the 'hell' of having a micropreemie on anyone. That`s on top of everything these poor little fighters go through on a daily basis, just trying to survive! Grrr. I rarely am vocalon these topics but it does sound like some sick jealousy... In all honesty she`s probably just playing it up for the attention and shock factor but placenta previa does NOT mean early delivery in most cases. Well good luck dealing with her regardless :hugs:

thanks girls, I wish i new who her midwife was but I dont. Its just so frustrating, A micro preemie is no fun and they go through sooooooooo much, reece is scarred all over with puncture marks, he has a massive scar on his upper thigh from a leaking cannula when he was seriously ill, He was on oxygen when he came home, had to have eye surgery for grade 4 rop... She really has no idea, I dont speak to her now, but infuriates me she would be so sick as to tell them lies.. xx

That is absurd! In most cases it will move up, but if not she will have to have a C-Sec...they would never deliver that early for previa as it is not considered life threatening.

well thats my understanding too, she is out hospital now, her bleed wasnt anything severe. I had bright red massive pours for 6 weeks and i then went into labour myself, but the same hospital said the earliest they would deliver me would be 34 weeks, in the end my placenta detatched and reece came at 25 weeks.

She is just a disgusting individual :( She has said if the placenta hasnt moved up by 24 weeks then they will deliver, infuriates me as I know she is lying but everyone else believes her poison xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->