Need unbiased opinions please

Well I think you have big shoes to fill after Quinn Violet and Juno Aurora... bc they are both such gorgeous names!!

I'm surprised other posters find these names very "out there." They don't strike me as all that unusual. I mean... pretty and uncommon... but not at all strange.

My first choice is: Avalon <3 (Love it!)
My 2nd choice, which I really like is: Aspen
3rd choice: Fallon

Fawn & Fable are sweet too. I think Fable is the most "out there" name on the list.

I'm not a fan of delta.

Addt'l suggestions that come to mind: Elora, Elowyn, Story, Poet, Lyric, Lake/n, Larkin

I really don't think they're 'out there' names either! Aspen is a pretty common American choice (and my husbands) so maybe that's why it's not seen as out there. And Fallon is an old name.
Fable is my absolute favourite <3
We like names that are uncommon but not totally weird and made up. I've never met another Quinn or Juno (in the uk) and we always get complimented on their lovely names.

I have a confession - I've added Quinn to my list after seeing your daughter's name! I'm in Scotland and had never heard it before and think it is beautiful. I hope you don't mind me being a copycat.

:haha: I don't know you, so I'll let you off! ;)

Hmmm... interested choices, and I can only imagine how hard it must be to pick one.
Delta is airline in USA...I wouldn't want to that to a child
Fawn is a baby deer... it's kinda like naming it "kitten"
Avalon is a brand of a car, and major apartment complexes all over the world...
Fallon is .......
I could go on and on. I don't mean it in a bad way, just choose wisely. Too many kids suffer because of their parents choices.

Hmmm... interested choices, and I can only imagine how hard it must be to pick one.
Delta is airline in USA...I wouldn't want to that to a child
Fawn is a baby deer... it's kinda like naming it "kitten"
Avalon is a brand of a car, and major apartment complexes all over the world...
Fallon is .......
I could go on and on. I don't mean it in a bad way, just choose wisely. Too many kids suffer because of their parents choices.

Hence why I asked for thoughts.

As for cars and airlines.. We live in the UK so they wouldn't really be a problem. And a baby deer is actually cute! We like nature inspired names and wanted something a bit different to the usual 'river/willow/fox' etc

I know I said that Aspen was my favourite but Fawn is really growing on me x

I voted Fallon for you :) Is there a place in America called Aspen where all the rich people go skiing? That name would make me think that it was like the celebs Paris or Brooklyn where they are named from place of conception? And Aspen would sound a little posh rather than nature to me :)

I like them all except Fallon I used to go to school with a Fallon and she was an evil cow I associate the name with the that :wacko:

If I had to choose for me it would be Delta or Aspen

I like Fawn out of the listed names. I know a Fawn, so that probably sways my opinion. I've never heard the other names used.

I voted Aspen, but I knew a Falon growing up.

There's quite a cool mum at Thomas's school, her kids are Lennon and Rafferty (both sound fine for either gender to me, Lennon is a boy and Rafferty is a girl). Rafferty is 2 and gets called Raffy and I think it's such a cool name. Never heard anyone called that before.

Ooh I missed this thread!

I honestly love Fallon Fawn and Fable!

Tbh Fallon is my favourite but the more I read through the thread I liked Fable and Fawn. All go with Quinn and Juno and none are ridiculous or too out there I wouldn't worry about that xx

Aspen is pretty but like another poster on here it makes me think of the ski resort that Americans go to, so maybe a bit like Brooklyn or Paris, I think they had a good point! Although it's prob a bit of a tenuous link for most British people :)

Delta makes me think of delta goodrum which isn't a bad thing she's very pretty!

To be honest I think that someone with these names may find it hard to be taken seriously as an adult. Most of them seem more like words than names to me. I think your other children's names are just on the right side of unusual but these ones are a little far out for me.

In the maternity hospital i work in there is a small section of rooms named after trees 'rowan,aspen,larch,cedar' anyway everytime i clean Aspen i always imagine it as a little babies name.
Id choose Aspen then Fable.
Avalon might get shortened to Ava which is a bit common atm.
I personally think your other girls names are unusual.. where im from anyway. So think these names go perfectly.

I could never imagine an Avalon, Delta or Aspen struggling to get a job????
Maybe a Mercedes,Bentley or similarly 'chavvy' names

Fallon, the others are too out there for me, but I know a fallon. It's unusual but not unheard of here.

I like Aspen and Avalon best. And, I like Fable as a middle name for either.

I voted for Fallon. That really seems to fit with your other girl names. I think Avalon is really great, also. Delta is cool, esp for a Brit. It's a little too southern (US) for me, being from the North.

I really like your two girls' names so far. Not necessarily for me (but maybe...), but I love that you have come up with names that are uncommon, but also don't make me think you invented a word to name your child. That, too, shows creativity, so I'm not necessarily opposed.

It's interesting to me that people are so concerned about you naming your children unusual, "out there" names. I'm not saying people don't have the right to share their opinion either way. It has been requested, I understand that. I just personally react kind of the opposite way. My name is the most common name of my generation and I hate it for that reason: not interesting in the least, doesn't stand out, so many of my peers with the same name...boring, boring, boring. It makes me feel like just a number.

There's as much or as little wrong with a too-common name as there is with an uncommon name--neither is worse nor better than the other. A child could grow up to love or hate his/her name either way. In 20 yrs, "Jaxon" could hate his name as much as "Fallon" hates hers. Or vice versa, maybe "Emily" loves her name as much as "Juno" loves hers.

Choose a name out of love and you've done your best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->