Needing advice, Vitex mishap...?

Button_eyes

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been drifting in and out of this site for a few months now but this is my first post (shall introduce myself on the right thread!). I need some advice as google is not being very forthcoming.... I am 34, TTC #2 (DS is 3), and I've been having cycles of 34/35 days and O'ing on CD 22/23 so I have a fairly short LP (I think). This cycle, I started taking Vitex (agnus castus) on CD 2, 1000mg daily. This is in an effort to regulate my cycle somewhat and hopefully O a little earlier. Problem is that yesterday pm (TMI alert) I went to the bathroom and there was what looks like the tail end of AF- brown discharge mixed with some redder stuff. This has continued in to today and has necessitated a panty liner. I'm fairly certain it's breakthrough bleeding, possibly caused by too high a dose of agnus. My questions are... Should I continue with agnus, and hope that the bleeding settles down eventually or do I stop? And also (most crucially!) do I stand a chance of conceiving this month (haven't O'd yet :growlmad:) even though my endometrium has clearly shed some lining??!
Any and all help or advice gratefully received!

Whoops, should have said that I am on CD 15, AF finished on CD 6, and I am only temping sporadically (don't want to get too deeply involved just yet). I monitor O by Clearblue digital OPKs.

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but here's my experience with Vitex:

I started taking Vitex mid-cycle (well...CD 33...I have really long, unpredictable cycles). I was hoping it would regulate me. 2 weeks later, I started spotting brownish stuff. That went on for 4 days. On the 5th day, full flow finally started. It lasted for almost 10 days. I noticed every time I would take a pill, the flow would be heavier for the next few hours then calm back down. I stopped taking Vitex and my period stopped within 24 hours. I don't want to risk upsetting my cycle any further so I'm not taking it anymore.

Vitex did nothing for me at all, no regulation, no break through bleeding, no increased bleeding.

I wouldn't worry. As Vitex works with your body to cause hormonal balance it seems reasonable that some signs of hormonal changes occur. Remember, it takes approximately three months to see the full effects.
I had the same thing happen this year when taking Vitex. i spotted for a couple of weeks then it stopped.
I also took it last year - same dose as you - and became pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->