Needing some advice!!

pinkmac85

Mom & pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I hope someone can help me with this!! Im going INSANE!!

My daughter takes a sippy cup during her meals and quiet often she just likes to dangle it over the highchair and then throw it down-so I've started saying "no" and then taking it away and putting it on the table! Well she has decided that SHE makes the rules! The minute I take it away after saying 'no' or 'we don't do that' she takes all the food on her tray and throws it ALL over the floor, wall, table etc!

My OH says to just take the tray away but shes hungry and I dont want her to go to bed hungry, she's only 11 months!

Does anyone have any advice?

Elyse does it too, if she's being particularly bad about it I only put a couple of pieces of food on her tray so if she does throw it, there's less for her to throw. Alternatively... you could take the tray, I find usually it's a sign of being finished or not ready to eat yet, and wait to see if she acts like she wants it back iykwim. Sometimes if I wait 15 mins she decides she's ready to have dinner. Especially if she sees us eating. Try to feed her a couple bites with a fork or something then offer the tray back,

Not sure about the sippy cup, we have the same problem, she throws it overboard off the chair and will make it leak on the floor if she has it during playtime, I usually take it away and offer it after she eats some more at meal times or during playtime take it away for a bit and offer it back later if she hasn't had much of it to drink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->