Needing validation...:(

docmom

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been following posts for 5 months now, hoping that the feedback others are getting will help alleviate my unreasonable fears and concerns about getting pregnant at 35 years of age. I have never tried to get pregnant before until the past month. For some reason, I have this irrational belief that i will struggle with pregnancy when I truly have no evidence of that. I know its all in my head, but I am still scared. I wasn't ready to have kids earlier because of school and having intense life goals. Now that I am almost done and just turned 35, its like the the panic set in. I know I have time, but somewhere in my head I keep saying "your too old and so is DH". My periods are pretty regular and my cycles seem to be 29-30 days. I started tracking my ovulation and cycle and found that I ovulated on CD17 in April. I understand that my period comes approximately 14 days after O day...so that means this Friday I would be due for AF. My hope is that I miss my period and get pregnant. Not sure if I am doing things right...but I have got to stop obsessing over this. I mean its only been like two months. I am finishing up my clinical training and I find my mind wandering when I am with my patients. I cry, I have been feelings depressed and I feel like why did I wait. But I know that the time wasn't right then. I just need confirmation and support through this anxiety and am hoping to find it here. I feel like I timed it right this month....but I just don't know. I really just need to stop obsessing and joining this forum is the only thing I could think of that might help. Ugh....wish my anxiety would just go away.

Here is the run down-
AF-April 1
started testing for O on 4/8 and had a very light lh surge (nothing significant)
BD'd on April 14 in AM
BD'd on April 17th in the AM (*I got my first smiley with CB that evening)
O: Got my first O smiley on CD17 (April 17-smiley day) at 8:00pm. I started getting O pains that day around 3:00p.
BD'd again on April 19 in wee hours of morning

Hi docmom! Sounds like you are doing everything right to me. Do you temp or chart? I highly recommend using fertility friend app as it has been a god send for me in confirming O. Also, you can look at other peoples charts and refine it by age and pregnancy and there are loads of people 35 and over who have concieved.
I think we all have fears when it comes to ttc (I have a son who is 13 and I'm still scared s#!tless I won't be able to have another now because I have left it so long). I constantly over analyse everything and drive myself crazy!
I know I'm not much help but I just wanted you to know you are not alone.
Also, have you heard of SMEP? I haven't tried it myself yet (plan too if I don't get my BFP this cycle) but I have heard lots of positive stories from ladies on here about it.

Big hugs and tons of baby dust coming your way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->