Need's help plz!

babyndme

Reaction score
Im a first time single mum to my nearly 5month old baby boy. ive started weaning him since he was 4months.
He wakes up at 8am has 8oz of no1 milk and porridge
at 12pm he has 8oz of no2 milk
at 4pm he has 5spoons of homade pure and 8oz of no1 milk
and at 7.30 he has 8oz of no1 milk

i just want to know how am i ment to give him snacks and juice??

and what time is the best, and what finger foods can i try as im really nervous?

he seems to be wanting more feeds at 12 pm because he only gets the milk. am i doing evrything right??

plz help me =) thank you

your probs better getting him on 3 meals a day before offering snacks etc. We started with dinner first( homemade puree ) then after a week we went onto lunch (homemade puree again ) and then a week later we went on to breakfast (porridge). We give water with every meal from a sippy cup too.

As for finger foods i would wait until 6months ish. We started offering finger foods at 6 months and connah it still getting use to them. He has fruit slices,veggie batons (like carrots,broccolli etc) he had also had toast with homemade fruit spread.

Obv if your doing BLW then it would be finger foods from the start :D

he is having 3 meals per day. breakfast, tea and supper! just feel like im doing something wrong =( dont understand this!! xxx thankyou anyway xx

Sounds like you are doing everything right though! Maybe give lunch after his 12pm feed then again after his 4pm feed :shrug:
Then he might not want feeding so much at 12pm?

x

Im a first time single mum to my nearly 5month old baby boy. ive started weaning him since he was 4months.
He wakes up at 8am has 8oz of no1 milk and porridge
at 12pm he has 8oz of no2 milk
at 4pm he has 5spoons of homade pure and 8oz of no1 milk
and at 7.30 he has 8oz of no1 milk

i just want to know how am i ment to give him snacks and juice??

and what time is the best, and what finger foods can i try as im really nervous?

he seems to be wanting more feeds at 12 pm because he only gets the milk. am i doing evrything right??

plz help me =) thank you

No you shouldn't be giving him snacks and juice. Right now he needs milk, so the snacks and juice would just fill him up with little benefit.

How come you choose to start weaning, as he doesnt seem to take an excessive amount of milk?

Why not introduce a few spoons of solids after 12pm feed??

My LO same age & has same expect she has 7oz rather than 8 but that may soon change as she draining it!! Olivia has 3 meals per day but no snacks or anything, occasional water (hates it!)

Dont worry hun, Mummy knows best xx

Sounds like you're doing everything right to me. Does he have a bottle during the night at all? Don't worry too much about finger foods at the moment, though when you start we've found vegetable sticks, toast, fruit and baby rice crackers go down really well with him.

Just let him eat until he's had enough and you should be fine. He will lead you with it and you'll soon get the hang of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->