Negative pregnancy tests while breastfeeding?

babytobe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I already posted last week about this, but I feel like I'm going crazy, so here I am looking for more feedback!....

I totally feel like I'm pregnant! I've taken 5 dollar store tests and 3 early predictor ones over the last week. They all came back negative, except one of the early predictor ones came back with an almost invisible line (maybe an evap line?).

I feel like the chances of me being pregnant are very slim... we always use condoms and haven't had any break, and haven't dtd much in the last several months anyway! But I can't shake the pregnancy symptoms. They are pretty strong, and now it's been a week and a half that I've been getting them. I've had cramping, dizziness, been light headed, nauseous, low back/back ache, achy calves, increased cervical mucous, extreme fatigue, vivid dreams. Is this just my hormones gearing up for a period?

Have you experienced this while breastfeeding? Did you turn out to be pregnant, or not?....

My son is almost 11 months old. I got my period back when he was about 4.5 months, and got it four times after that, basically the same time each month. I haven't had a period since the end of January now. And I didn't get any of these pregnancy symptoms with those periods. I'm just so confused with my body!

30 years ago my mom kept getting negative pregnancy tests when she was pregnant with my sister and breastfeeding me. I'm assuming pregnancy tests are more accurate now....?

Maybe I should just go get a blood test.

Breastfeeding will not cause a pregnancy test to be negative if you're pregnant. Those symptoms could be down to getting your period soon. Wait a week and do another test, if it's still negative you're not pregnant. If you're still not convinced after that you could ask for a blood test, sure, but it'd be really unlikely if it's not showing up on an at home urine test by then.

I was convinced I was pregnant a while ago but then I got my first pp AF about 2 weeks later so must have been ovulating

Ok thanks ladies!

I'm waiting to take another pregnancy test. These weird symptoms started two weeks ago, so if I don't have my period in another few days, I'll take abother test. I think if I am pregnant, the tests are just coming back negative because we would've conceived quite recently. I do still feel very pregnant, but I know it could just be my period coming back. I've kind of convinced myself of the former though, and hoping for it! I thought I wasn't ready to be pregnant again, but now I'm feeling differently. Funny how that changes!

I'll let you know either way when I find out. Trying not to go crazy in the meantime 😅. Thanks again for the replies.

Well you ladies were right. It was AF coming all along! I went and got a blood test today, because on top of feeling pregnant, I've also been feeling really anemic and unwell. As soon as I got home from the ddoctor's amd lab, AF showed up lol. So typical. It was good I went anyway though, so I can figure out why I'm feeling so ill.
I'm relieved. I would've been excited for another baby, but I have some things I want to do before the next one comes along. Now I can do them! Funny enough, my husband was more dissapointed that I'm not pregnant!
I'm still shocked AF came. I was so sure I was pregnant! Crazy how we can convince ourselves sometimes.

Hey, how old is your baby? ...I am having the same pregnancy symptom feelings, but ds is only 7 weeks so I'm pretty sure it's too early to be pregnant or getting AF !..although we've been dtd unprotected for a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->