Negative test results, but still haven't gotten my period?

ilvmylbug

Single Mom of 2 & Proud
Reaction score
I had my period in September on 22nd, and the month before that the same day. Then my period was late in Oct, it came finally on November 4 and lasted about four days. Around the time I guess I was ovulating, me and my OH had sex many times, no prevention.

But I tested with a dollar store test on Dec 8, with first morning urine. But I got negative test results. :shrug:

I still haven't gotten my period. Is it still too early to test?

But I tested with a dollar store test on Dec 8, with first morning urine. But I got negative test results. :shrug:

I still haven't gotten my period. Is it still too early to test?

Not sure bout that...when do you think you O'd?

Do you mean ovulated? I thought ovulation was 14 days after the first day of your period, so around the 18th, I suppose. That whole week we were pretty much sexually active.

I'm sh*t when it comes to ovulation or calculating anything that has to do with my period, since it hasn't been the regular thing in the world. :shrug:

Many women don't ovulate on day 14 of their cycle. You generally ovulate 14 days before the start of your period. If you have a 28 day cycle you will probably ovulate on day 14, but if you have a 30 cycle it would be day 16.

If your last cycle lasted from 22nd Sep to 4th Nov then it lasted 43 days so you probably ovulated on cycle day 29.
The month before it lasted from 22nd Aug to 22 Sep so lasted 31 days, meaning you ovulated on day 17.

If your cycle this month started on 4th Nov and its gonna be another 43 day cycle you ovulated on 3rd Dec and are 7dpo, so too early for a test to show positive.

Thanks so much. I guess that means I still have another week of my period coming before I'm late, right?

I'd say after the 18th you are "late".

Problem with long irregular cycles is that this month could be 40 day cycle, or a 50 day cycle. Unless you are charting your temp or taking ovulation tests you are not going to know for certain. If you don't have AF by the 18th I'd say test again. If that test is negative then leave it 2 days before re-testing.

Good luck, hope you get the result you want.

Thanks everyone,

My period still hasn't come but it's the 16 so I will wait a bit more.

Ok, so I couldn't wait and I took a test yesterday. I know, I'm so impatient!! :shrug:

I got a BFP!!

:bfp: :bfp: :bfp:

It came up almost immediately, so I hope it is the real thing!

Thanks everyone who helped me :kiss: I didn't know how I would feel about having a second baby, but I am really excited and hoping for the best. :happydance:

Big Congrats! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Oh yay!! That is wonderful news, congratulations!:happydance: Wishing you a wonderful 9 months!

Thanks everyone! :D I tested again just to make sure and got an immediate BFP!

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"