Negatives about Amber necklaces?

MiissMuffet

Reaction score
Hi! *hi*

I know the benefits of amber necklaces but what are the bad sides? I know they are knotted between each bead so baby doesn't choke on them but what about if it goes tight and chokes them? I know if they weren't safe no1 would use them but just wondering if anyone has had any experience of these,- obviously i won't be needing one yet but just for when i do :)

:flower:

Theo has worn his for a month now and Ive had no problems with it. I dont see how it would be possible for it to go too tight and choke them, especially as I take his off at night and in the day Im with him at all times!
Someone asked me at the babyshow if he grabs it...no he doesnt, hes never got hold of it or pulled at it, I dont think he notices its there as hes so used to it now.
I did get a short one to make sure it wasnt too long. Im quite happy to buy two or three as he grows so they arent too long and he wouldnt be able to get it in his mouth.

Cant see it at the front as it gets trapped in between Fi's double chin :rofl: doesn't bother her though x

I think the idea is that you have it long enough not to be uncomfortable but short enough that it can't get caught on anything and cause a choking hazard. When we first got Leyla's it was a bit big so I used to loop it through the top button of her sleepsuit so that it couldn't get caught.

-ives.....

when she pukes and it goes down her neck folds, the necklace string gets a little cheesy :wacko: NICE.

nothing a little cleaning wont fix though!

I got T a bracelet & will put it on her ankle under tights / socks / sleepsuits so she can never get it :)

We never take Ethan's or Noah's off, they're supposed to snap if any real force is put on them. I recently bought Ethan a new one, the beads are a bit smaller and for some reason he decided to bite them so i've switched back to his old one. Noah's sometimes gets stuck in the crease off his neck and he has a bit of excema there, it doesn't seem to bother him and i think the excema would be there regardless, the nurse never asked me to remove it anyway.

And today for the first time in 2 years Ethan got his caught on a staple in a box (he shouldn't have been playing with it in the first place i know :blush:)

I think the only negative is the possibility of it getting caught on something. Our doctor isn't "comfortable" with Emma wearing hers :grr: Emma has somehow managed to pull hers off a couple of times now, so the clasp would clearly come apart like it's supposed to if it did get caught on anything. Like the others said, it's usually somewhere under a roll of chin fat, not likely to get caught on anything anyway :haha:

(hmm... maybe if it isn't cleaned off occasionally, then the bacteria growing on the string would be a hazard too...)

I got T a bracelet & will put it on her ankle under tights / socks / sleepsuits so she can never get it :)

I was looking at the bracelets when it comes time for me to think about getting one too. I was wondering if people on here recommend them more, less or the same as the necklaces? :shrug:

People will feel the need to comment on it. You're lucky you have a girl because "a necklace for a boy is just plain wrong!"

;)

Ive had a few "is that a NECKLACE hes wearing??" but tbh Ive not had anyone say anything bad once ive gone "oh yes its a teething necklace, it releases oils intot he skin that help with the discomfort of teething" most people go "oooo thats clever" *smug look*

Id rather a necklace than a bracelet...bracelet easier for a baby to get caught on things and put it in thier mouth/chew on it so more chance of them breaking it and a bead getting stuck. I wouldnt have a bracelet one.

i think they're supposed to be kept near the area they're to have an effect on if that makes sense. TBH i don't know whether they work or not, mine where them because they're funky and different.

I got my 20 year old sister an amber bracelet when she had her wisdom teeth coming through and she said it helped a lot. She hasn't taken it off since actually, and I got it her about 6 months ago! I prefer Leyla to wear a necklace as it's closer to the site of the pain and it's out of her sight, but my second choice would be one wrapped round her ankle.

Oh, to add, Ive been wearing an amber necklace for a few weeks now too..I dont know if its coincidence with the weather getting better but Ive had a lot less niggles than I had been having....interesting.

if ur worried about it being around the babies neck then do what my frend did - she put it round her sons ankle and it worked aswell!

Oh, to add, Ive been wearing an amber necklace for a few weeks now too..I dont know if its coincidence with the weather getting better but Ive had a lot less niggles than I had been having....interesting.

i've been wearing my older boys ones joined together since they decided they didn't want to wear them anymore, i have had toothache once but my teeth are in bad shape (petrified of the dentist since a root filling :blush:) so that's good going

We have a necklace and i love it.

No problems teething so far and hasnt been caught yet either, i was taking it off for bed but hes had it left on for about 4 nights now with no problems, he sleeps with me though.

x

all the ones i have seen have a magnetic catch. I thought that is great for not choking but then wouldnt baby take it off? I dont seem to see any without it so maybe they all have the magnetic catch :shrug:

mine is a screw in one.
TBH Theo hasnt put his hands anywhere near it yet (he LOVES mine and plays with it all the time when hes feeding which was the idea!) and as he has worn it from so little I dont think he will pay it any attention when hes bigger either so cant see him pulling it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->