Negativity towards sex of baby

clogsy90

mummy of 2 girls
Reaction score
Has anyone who is expecting 2nd+ baby of same sex had to deal with much negativity? Me and oh are happy to be having a 3rd girl (i actually wanted a girl as preferance) yet since finding out and telling people they act sympathetic or disappointed for us. Then tonight at work i had someone ask what we were having she said 'oh well you'll just have to try again' and when i said we're done she said 'we'll see'. How do you deal with it? I couldnt want more then 3 healthy children whatever sex, so why do people feel the need to be like this!

I'm only in baby #1 but we had my MIL react that way. She said the scan must be wrong and we should schedule another one because there is no way it's a girl. Its hurtful no matter the circumstances. We are just happy she's healthy.

I'm on my third boy and have the same .. Oh that's a shame isn't it or aww no girls etc x it does bother me but I try to rise above it x

I really don't know why people act like that...it's really quite obnoxious, we did want a boy but also would have been just as completely thrilled with another girl! Congrats!

yep. On boy number 3 and my mother's first reaction was "when will you be trying for a girl then?". Um, I'm 17 weeks pregnant, can we be thankful this one is healthy first?

I found out I was having a second boy at 15 weeks and had some gender disappointment at first. I'd love to say I'm 100% okay with it now, but unfortunately I'm not. I'm terrified if getting reactions like this, and haven't told many people. I'm afraid it'll make me feel worse, when I'm working, and doing well, with feeling better about having a second boy.

That's why no one knows about this baby until I know the sex! I've already heard comments from family and it's annoying. If this baby is another healthy boy I think I'll just hide in the house (I am a SAHM so that should be easy)and not say anything til baby gets here!

I have 4 boys and have never been dissapointed at their gender but have had comments saying oh your having number 5 to get a girl ect, no were having number 5 because we wanted another child no matter the sex thanks . People are rude i just ignore it .

I am having girl after boy and some people at work after i tell them like oh, really, so its not another boy? Or like OK, no futher reaction. I think its peoples nature to comment on whaterver, i just ignore it and started not to tell as i am happy and fed up with unadequate reaction

Ive had alot of this too. We already have a son and as soon as people knew i was pregnant we had oh i bet youre hoping for a girl, actually DS was desperate for a brother and were really happy to have another boy, after 2 losses im just grategul hes healthy. The other comment now is you will have to go for a 3rd.... no thanks were cooked our family is complete once bubs arrives x

I've had a few comments, this will be our third daughter and we have one son. We've had are you joking? Your poor son. I think that's awful thing to say but there's a lot of idiots about.

I got all that when pregnant with
My third boy it me me so cross!! People acting like its bad news.. Yes I did want a girl as I did this time and we have been told it is a girl but ultimately I wanted another baby both time boy or girl.. Had we had another boy this time it would have still have been the one to complete our family but no doubt I would have got a lot of comments! X

I felt like a lot of people wanted me to have a girl the first time. It drove me nuts cause I knew he was a boy from 8 weeks. I just had a feeling. Now I'm sure they want me to have a girl for my second now too. Whatever. I don't care either way. We got so lucky we had such a healthy child the first time that's all we want this time. I'm kind of a bitch I guess when people say stuff to me about gender. You don't like that I'm having a boy keep it to yourself or the pregnancy wrath is going to get you lol! Seriously I don't let comments about gender slide. It really bothers me that people feel comfortable saying something negative about the gender of an unborn baby.

This is my third pregnancy and I have two boys. We won't be finding out the sex of this one incase we get all that negativity. what I have found is that family seemed so much less bothered with my second when they knew he was a he. It was like it was boring! it really upset me.

We're expecting our second boy and nobody has said anything negative. DH wanted a little girl but we don't plan on this being our last baby so he snapped out of his sulk almost instantly.

I think it happens regardless of what you've got. We've got a DD and don't know the sex of this bump, and we don't care what it is. Everyone automatically assumes we want a boy - and while that would be lovely, a girl would be equally so. I just quickly correct people and move on.

I was really surprised when we told MIL that this baby is a girl and she said "Oh. I quite wanted a boy. As long as it's healthy"

I nearly lost my shit! And this is baby number one as well. And her first grandchild...

But I've got to the point now where I actually don't give a crap what people think.

Yep with my 2nd baby! I already had one boy and found out my second was a boy, personally i was over the moon i really wanted another boy but the comments i got were shocking!!! 'Oh well hopefully next time you will have a girl' 'oh no you must be gutted' and 'thats a shame!' It really pissed me off! I told people i already had one amazing son why woułdnt i want another??? People can be so rude! To say its a shame i think is just awful!!! When i had my third baby she is a little girl and people were saying oh thats it now you have a girl you can stop having babies....erm i wasnt having babies to have a girl!! When i got pregnant with this one people openly told me i was mad and why did i want another when i had boys and a girl, i really dont understand people....

I am only on my first. I don't know why people can not just be happy that you are having a healthy baby. People can be so mean.

I'm quite shocked at all the negative comments, why do ppl say such things! I'm having another girl and most ppl think it's sweet that she'll have a baby sister. I haven't had a negative comment thankfully. Some also point out the fact that having a girl will save us money since we have everything from DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->