Neighbours dog keeps coming in my garden!

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
As the title says really! A week or so ago, I was stood doing the dishes, looked up and saw a dog in my garden. I opened the back door to chase it away and it jumped back over the hedge before I could even step out the door. It had left me a few presents though :growlmad::growlmad:
I know that theres a general rule that the fence/wall on one side is my responsibility, but the dog belongs to the house behind me (I'm assuming as thats where it went back to). There is a gap of about a foot in the fence, which is where it came through. What can I do about it? I tried blocking it up, but the dog just pushed it down. It seems timid, as whenever I've gone to go outside, it runs back through the fence, but I'm reluctant to let LO in the garden until its sorted, which means she can't use her trampoline or her slide :(
What can I do about it?? I live in a rented house if that makes a difference?

Can you speak to the owner of the dog about it?

You need to speak to the owners. Tell them you can't let the children in your garden. Be friendly and see what they do x

Can you speak to the owner of the dog about it?

I'm not entirely sure which house the dog belongs to! It came thru a gap in the fence directly behind my house, but from what I can see, theres about 3 houses that don't really have any kind of fencing between their gardens!

Knock on every door until you find the owner, it is their responsibility to keep their dog in their own garden, good luck :)

You could ask the landlord or agent to see if they can sort it.
Xx

My landlord is worse than useless. I didn't have a working cooker in my house for about 2 months, apparently he kept forgetting to come sort it. In the end my OHs best friend (who is an electrician) came and sorted it and invoiced him :haha: I'm gonna write a little note and pop it thru the three houses letterboxes just explaining,and asking the one that does own the dog to either pop round or to let me know when is convenient and I'll pop round. Gonna try get a picture next time as proof.
Now to go clean up the poop from my garden!! "growlmad:

Save the dog shit, if they don't sort it send a smelly gift xxx

Get a sprinkler, set it up and leave it connected to an inside tap. Next time you see the dog, turn it on :) It won't be hurt but it'll get a nice surprise and probably won't come back! Or just use a normal hose pipe and spray it through the window - you're allowed to water your own garden.

Why dont you just go and knock on a few doors of the houses behind you, surely a brief description and they can point you to the right house.

Talking to the owner seems the most logical solution.

I would personally report it to the labdlord and if he keeps coming then call the dog catcher in most places there are mandatory leash laws and it sound to me that if this dog is timid or skittish it is possible it could turn mean at anytime. Not good for anyone if owners cant keep their pets on their own property they dont need them. I know it may sound harsh but honestly this is a very real treat to your family as you know nothing about its demeanor. I would have it picked up i have done it before sure neighbors may be pissed but they should have kept it on their own property to begin with their fault not yours.

I think you should knock people's doors until you figure out who the owner is, if I couldn't do that I think the sprinkler idea is a really good one and if all else fails I'd call the dog warden. You shouldn't have to suffer because a neighbour can't control their dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->