neighbour's drain our drainpipe. whos problem?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
My neighbour just poped round, be both recently bought these houses, us a good few months before them, but both have owned them less than 6 months.

anyway, both houses need mega ronnativing esp theirs as it was a crack house lol, so all walls and ceilings needing re doing, they are now in but only in a few rooms.

Anyway, he just came knocking saying our drain pipe goes down into a drain, along our house, one their property and then comes out into nothing. which is consqently flooding their kitchen.

Now they seem nice enough and chilled, but asked if OH would come round later and see what can be done. anyway, im wondreing what rights we both have, im worried he is going to try and claim a whole new kitchen on us and re doing the walls etc, i might be wrong though, but does he have rights to do that?

I mean its our drainpipe going into a drain that goes onto their property, but its not like we have rights to do anything to that drain beyond it and its not like we have made changes to the property that caused that, it was like it before both of us bought.

It seems odd he has taken so long to come to us about it, and was wondering if thats because they have run out of money and wanting a new kitchen. Thing is we dont have spare money right now, with rennovating ourselves, christmas, twins on the way etc.

Im assuming we can just re-route our drain, but not even sure how possible that is because it has to run on someone property as we have someone both sides of us and behind us. :shrug:

Oh went in, he seemed fine enough, said no rush ... and we called a builder thats been working on our house who said he would come tomorrow for me. phew! we would do it ourselves but our house from the back is three stories and dont have a ladder that will reach that high!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->