Nephew born at 25 weeks

Lil-woowoo

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi, i am new to this site:wave:. My sister had her 3rd baby last month born at 25 weeks weighing 1lb 7oz, hes currently in NICU and such a wee fighter. My sis is a young mum (21) with a toddler and 5 year old, so she has her hands full, as she has a lot of travelling to hospital. Would be nice if other mummys out there would share their stories of premmie babies, for my sis as she really needs cheering up.
Thank you x

Hi there,

My son Andrew was born at 29 weeks but with IUGR so only weighed 1lb 6oz. He's now coming up on 9 weeks old, weighs over 4lb, and is making great progress. I've got a thread around here somewhere ...

Two suggestions for your sister - firstly, as soon as she is able, get her on B&B to read all the motivational threads about premie babies, they certainly helped me with both emotional aspects and practical things. And secondly, I suggest she starts "kangaroo care" (skin to skin cuddles) as soon as she can for as long as she can. I hope she's receiving lots of support from partner and family to enable her to be at the hospital when she can.

Congratulations on your nephew. I am glad your sister has you to support her, the care your nephew will receive will be amazing and the staff will be there to support your sister all the way.

Marleysgirl is right, do read the threads on BnB, they give you so much hope and a good reference when you are worried about things. Also the premmie mums on this site are so supportive and amazing, we are all here for you if need any advice or a shoulder to cry on....

Keep us updated....big hugs...x

Alex was born at 27+4 and her whole story from the start is on the link below.

:hi: I agree - definaately get her on here! Molly was born at 29 weeks. She came home on oxygen for a couple of months, and is now doing brilliantly. Big :hugs: to your sister, she must find it so hard with other LOs to look after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->