Nerve pain in groin!

Foxycleopatra

Mum to 3 Girls
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing nerve pain in their groin?

It started about a week ago and has progressively gotten worse to the point were it now really hurts to stand up straight and walk. I spoke to my OB yesterday and he said it is because baby girl is getting so big and starting to engage so she is pressing down in my nerve. It is worse on the left side.

From what I was reading last night I may have nerve pain for months after baby is born!! That terrifies me as I am scheduled for a caesarean section in 10 days and I have a toddler at home to chase around.

Anyone else have or had this in a previous pregnancy? Any ways to help relieve the pain?

Hey Foxycleopatra, I have been having awful groin pain for last 2 weeks.
Iv had a whole range of aches and pains over the pregnancy including sciatica typepain in my buttock etc but this one had been the worst!
Last week the pain moved right across into my pubic bone. For me it was very much aggregated by walking the dogs! Since iv tried to rest a bit more it's definitely improved. Mmm difficult to rest when u have a toddler though!
Hope yours improves a bit like mine has!
:flower:

It is where the baby is engaging.. It can be painful

Sign labour is not long

No advice im afraid. But just thought I'd say you're not alone. I have 12 days to go and have been experience it for about a week now.

I've been having pain at the front of my groin (the hairy bit!!) when I've overdone it. I was trying to move boxes with my leg yesteday and it really hurt afterwards. Same thing happened when I went to center parcs and was splashing and kicking about. It's kind if stabbing pains rather than aches. Is that the same thing?!?

Yes I do and it sucks!! I don't want to move anymore and I still have 10 weeks to go. I never heard it can last for months afterwards though but I guess it makes sense if your nerve gets compressed long enough

Yup I've heard it very appropriately called "lightning crotch".

Yes I suffer from it too mostly if I've stood up in a funny position. It literally makes me stop walking its so painful. I'm only 29 weeks though so i think I'm stuck with it for a while yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->