Nerve pain?

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Does anyone have this? I'm wondering if the pain I have is this?
Currently in my groin and the joint of the top of my thigh I have this horrendous , uncomfortable pain. Its hard to describe but it's almost like someone's poking me with needles and a buring sensation. It's not in one particular place, just feels like a needle is poking me and then its a few inches across then again in another spot and around the back near my kidneys. It's just so bloody uncomfortable, I had no sleep at all last night and the fact the neurofen didn't even take the edge off it makes me wonder if its nerve pain?
Anyone know what could relieve it a little?

Yep I get it a lot as I have nerve damage. I use rub on ibuprofen gel and heat patches or compress.

It's possible it could be Sciatica? Or something similar. My friend get's it sometimes- due to her back issues (she had surgery). Usually some stretching, ice, heat, relaxing helps- and she's much better within a day or so.

If the pain doesn't get better- you should at least make an appt to have it checked out. If only for reassurance. I have chronic pain- in my hip, knees and shoulders--- and massage and chiropractic care help keep it in check. As well as seeing an acupuncturist several times.

Not sure any of that even relates or helps- but hope it's better soon!

It's possible it could be Sciatica? Or something similar. My friend get's it sometimes- due to her back issues (she had surgery). Usually some stretching, ice, heat, relaxing helps- and she's much better within a day or so.

If the pain doesn't get better- you should at least make an appt to have it checked out. If only for reassurance. I have chronic pain- in my hip, knees and shoulders--- and massage and chiropractic care help keep it in check. As well as seeing an acupuncturist several times.

Not sure any of that even relates or helps- but hope it's better soon!

No, I get sciatica as I have an off/on back problem with my job,it feels Completly different. The worst is the front in my groin, all I can explain is that I'm constantly being stabbed with pins, there's no let up at all. My skin almost feels sore because of it.. Its so hard to explain.Then the back pain feels like my period pain, defiantly in my kidney. Its horrible, couldn't get the topical neurofen, took 2 eXra strong pain killers and the pains not changed at all.

When I was pregnant with DS my sacrioliac (not sure on the spelling!) joint in my pelvis blocked, when I was having physio to help unblock it then I got a lot of pain around there. My physio said it was because where she was moving things around to unblock it it was pressing on some nerves; it ended up shearing the nerve endings in my knee - not as bad as it sounds and no long term damage! Is it possible you could have trapped a nerve around there? Possibly related to your sciatica?

My skin feels sore to in patches. When I gave nerve pain.

Sorry hun- no real clue. I'd recommend getting it checked though- maybe once you know why it's happening you can get some help to manage it (if it continues).

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->