Nerves between appts

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

So I got to see the heartbeat at 7 weeks. Yay.

But since then I have started to worry about missed miscarriage. I still have slight boob soreness but I have barely had symptoms since day 1 and the pulling and pinches I was feeling I haven't had for a few days.

My mind is just obsessively taking off these days and I have no clue how to cope. I try and keep really busy and stuff but my mind is crazy right now.

Anyone else a worry wart like this?

I worry like this too, I had an ultrasound at 5w3d and the saw the gestational sac and yolk sac, doc said she expected to see the heartbeat within a day or two bc everything was progressing really well. I have another appt. on Wed. to hopefully see the heartbeat. I am so nervous though that something will go wrong. I have no reason to think this, but I cant help it.

I am totally worried about a MMC too. However, for some reason my doc here in Colorado refuses to do any sort of check until the nuchal translucency scan (which is optional) at 12 weeks. So I haven't even heard a heartbeat or gotten any sort of scan. If you don't mind my asking, are you all who are getting early scans either paying for private scans or are you considered "high risk"? My dr. says that insurance won't pay for more than one scan (and she says that is a nationwide thing, not just here in Colorado). I'm just confused why people here get so many (awesome) chances to see/hear their bub early on!

It makes me feel less alone to know others worry too! Gets me out of my own head a little!

I am totally worried about a MMC too. However, for some reason my doc here in Colorado refuses to do any sort of check until the nuchal translucency scan (which is optional) at 12 weeks. So I haven't even heard a heartbeat or gotten any sort of scan. If you don't mind my asking, are you all who are getting early scans either paying for private scans or are you considered "high risk"? My dr. says that insurance won't pay for more than one scan (and she says that is a nationwide thing, not just here in Colorado). I'm just confused why people here get so many (awesome) chances to see/hear their bub early on!

Hey I am in texas but originally from the UK. I have a obs/gyny doc who scans me right left and centre and its completely up to me when I want to go and she never mentions insurance/cost etc and it gets covered every time. Would it be to do with the type of insurance you have? Its confusing.. my doctor makes it sound standard that you have a scan every time you go and you can go when you like. I though all of america was like that. In the UK you wait until week 12 for a scan...

My doc is scanning me weekly till I am 9 weeks. She considers me a high risk simply because of a previous MC, but she is also a very cautious doctor. I have the Veterans Administration paying for mine because that is a benefit that women military veterans receive. Its nice because we don't have to pay for anything ( besides meds) when it comes to pregnancy and delivery. We also get the the baby covered for a week after delivery. I know my husband and I are lucky on this. I'm not sure how other insurances work because I have a friend who got at least 3 to 4 ultrasounds with the insurance she had.

I am not considered high risk and go to see it at 7 weeks. My doc has equipment right in the office. I think they just consider it part of the appt since they have the equipment anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->