nervous about becoming a mother

MissN8

Reaction score
I cannot wait to start ttc at the end of the year but i worry how i will be as a mother if it happens. How do you know what to do and if you are doing it right? I haven't much experience with babies only have one nephew. I know i cam ask my mother but it is a huge responsibility bringing up a baby just hope it all clicks! Anyone else feel like this?

I'm worried I will be over protective like my parents, I don't want to be an uptight parent. I'm. More worried about when it is older than when it's a baby

I just worry in general i will not have a clue!

I think its natural to feel that way!!
Its a sign of a good mum2be in my opinion!
(plus i'm petrified so that thought helps me to feel more 'relaxed' about it!) ;)

It's a learning curve but honestly a lot of it just 'clicks'. There are a lot of instincts you act on when you're a mum. The rest is trial and error. Remember no-one is perfect and we all need help from time to time.

Thanks girls making me feel much better

I think ( hope ) it comes naturally when the baby is born. There are always going to be questions we have and I think all we can do is try our best and ask for help or answers to questions when we need it

I feel this way, too. I don't have much experience with babies, and I'm kind of awkward around little kids. I want to be a mom, but I'm worried I won't be good enough.

I think you just have to try to do what you think is right and not worry about what everyone else thinks. It is good to listen to other peoples advice and pick and choose what suits you. I worried lots when my first was a baby wether I was doing it right but I have got more relaxed as I go on. I still worry about certain things but if you weren't concerned about if you were making the right choices then it probably means you don't care so that isn't good either.

Just remember it is all a learning process for you so don't expect to know what to do all the time. You will get things wrong but you will learn from that. I think as long as you are trying to do the best you can then you are doing alright :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->