Nervous about getting NT results

A

AndreZZ

I had my nuchal 2 days ago...last minute decision. And I'm soooo worried and stressed about my results. I haven't even gotten my results back yet (will get them late next week), and I'm already in a panic. My anxiety is sky high.
I keep googling and looking at my ultrasound pic wondering if baby has a nasal bone, does baby look weird, etc etc.
I honestly wish I had never gotten it done...I almost don't even want the results at this point.

Anyone else a nervous wreck waiting on NT results?

I'm nervous about getting that test too as there are some genetic problems on my husband's side. My husband wants to get the test done because he wants to prepare but I honestly don't want to stress out my entire pregnancy if there is something wrong. I'm gonna love my baby no matter what but it certainly will make me a nervous wreck knowing there is something wrong with my child health wise.

I'm nervous about getting that test too as there are some genetic problems on my husband's side. My husband wants to get the test done because he wants to prepare but I honestly don't want to stress out my entire pregnancy if there is something wrong. I'm gonna love my baby no matter what but it certainly will make me a nervous wreck knowing there is something wrong with my child health wise.

Yes me too, ita hard not to worry i find. I hope your results come back great! Thanks for the response

I had mine a couple days ago as well. I'm trying not to stress about it, it won't change anything for me and neither will knowing the results. It's not a for sure thing, it just gives you your odds, which may or may not be accurate. But chances are things will come back ok and it's extra assurance that things are fine. I just looked at it as another opportunity to see the baby.

I had mine a couple days ago as well. I'm trying not to stress about it, it won't change anything for me and neither will knowing the results. It's not a for sure thing, it just gives you your odds, which may or may not be accurate. But chances are things will come back ok and it's extra assurance that things are fine. I just looked at it as another opportunity to see the baby.

Ya it was really nice to see baby for sure. Good luck to you I hope all goes well!

Were they able to tell you the baby's nuchal fold thickness?

I was very nervous with DS. They told me at the scan what his nuchal thickness was, and I started Googling that and freaked out a bit. Then when the results came back a week later, my risk factor was computed at 4 times higher than what it should have been for my age group because of the nuchal thickness, higher than average hCG, and lower than average PAPP-a. Yet everything ended up being fine with my son. But it has forever soured me on nuchal scans. As wonderstruck said, it's just odds, it doesn't tell you anything certain.

I said NO to the NT scan this pregnancy for this reason and opted for the blood test instead since that looks directly at the chromosomes for trisomies.

Were they able to tell you the baby's nuchal fold thickness?

I was very nervous with DS. They told me at the scan what his nuchal thickness was, and I started Googling that and freaked out a bit. Then when the results came back a week later, my risk factor was computed at 4 times higher than what it should have been for my age group because of the nuchal thickness, higher than average hCG, and lower than average PAPP-a. Yet everything ended up being fine with my son. But it has forever soured me on nuchal scans. As wonderstruck said, it's just odds, it doesn't tell you anything certain.

I said NO to the NT scan this pregnancy for this reason and opted for the blood test instead since that looks directly at the chromosomes for trisomies.

They didn't tell me the thickness but they wrote it down on my bloodwork sheet which I read before going to get my blood done. NT was measured as 1.7 (is that an ok measurement?).

I know the NT doesn't mean much without the bloodwork factored in...and I've read SO much online about these false positive stories (like you), and it's stressing me out!! Even though I know false positives are common I will be a mess if it happens with me.

I have never did the NT scan with my other 3...I really wish I didn't with this one. But if results are unfavorable am dishing out $550 for the Panorama blood test.

1.7mm is just fine! DS had a 2.2 mm nuchal fold, hCG 1.58 MoM, papp-a 0.72 MoM. Not sure if those numbers are helpful but just know that with a 2.2 mm fold my son was born (and still is) as healthy as can be!

ETA: This website says anything under 3.5 is normal :) https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a544491/nuchal-translucency-nt-scan

1.7mm is just fine! DS had a 2.2 mm nuchal fold, hCG 1.58 MoM, papp-a 0.72 MoM. Not sure if those numbers are helpful but just know that with a 2.2 mm fold my son was born (and still is) as healthy as can be!

ETA: This website says anything under 3.5 is normal :) https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a544491/nuchal-translucency-nt-scan

Thank you so much! I'm trying to stay positive but googling really just freaks me out, I am banning myself from Google for a while lol.

I'm so happy your son is as healthy as can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->