Nervous about inducing labour :(

nickynora

1 fab 4yr old & 1 angel x
Reaction score
So I have a little under 2 weeks till my induction :wacko: I'm so nervous :dohh:

I never had this with my LB as my labour started spontaneously a few days before my booked induction at 42 weeks.

I'm being induced early (at 38+4) due to GD, so I know it's what's best for baby and me but I really don't know what to expect even though I've talked it through with the hospital :dohh:

I had a horrible labour/delivery with my LB and only narrowly avoided an emergency C section (he was a chunk at 10lbs 6z so very slow, long labour) so I'm terrified that if this happened naturally then something similar/worse is going to happen due to inducing early :nope::wacko:

Sorry bit of a pointless thread but I don't really have anyone to talk to about how I'm feeling about it as everyone keeps saying it'll be fine, rather than listening to hat I have to say :growlmad:

Guess I'm just looking for a bit of encouragement from you ladies that have been through similar :shrug:

Don't worry its not that bad I was induced with my first and being induced early with this guy. Just stay calm and everything will be ok :)

I am nervous too, but I keep telling myself it's silly to be nervous... Inductions work, I had both my girls that way. The last one seemed like it wouldn't happen and they were prepping me for a c section...but in the long run I was able to push her out... So we might need an induction this time and I am trying to stay positive about it

I wss induced bc my waters were starting to go and my dr didnt want me to have s dry labor. I was suuper nervous too but it was honestly not a bad experience at all! I didn't even ask for iv meds until 4hrs into the pitocin. They up your dose every 30min so for me they didn't come on sll at once like some ppl say. They progressed from barely anything to having to breathe/moan through them but they were honestly still manageable. I got an epidural after about 12 hrs bc I didnt want to be too tired to push him out. Had I known he'd be born less than 2hrs later I wouldn't have bothered getting one! I was honestly only in real intense pain for about 15min right as I was about to start pushing and I can even rly say it was painful its just intense pressure. Stay relaxed if you csn I rly think being relaxed and trusting my body and my dr helped a lot! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->