nervous about the dentist, cavaties filled:-(

meli1981

D, me, and our crazy 3!
Reaction score
hi everybody! so i went to the dentist yest because ive been having pain on the right side of my mouth. well i walked out of there dumbfounded, because i have five, yes count um, five cavities! ive never had cavaties in my life, and now i have five :wacko:. so i go on monday to get three filled and another day to get the other two done. im 32 weeks and even though the dentist said it was safe, im still nervous. anyone else had dental work done this far along?

I had work done at about 30 weeks, i also had an extraction at 11 weeks and a horrid dental infection at about 20 weeks from the extraction...all is fine and dandy lol and the fillings had to be done with local anaesetic also xxx

Ive not had dental, mainly because I dont have dental insurance coverage (though I need work done badly :nope: ) IT is safe though, and as long as your dentist is comfortable doing it, try not to worry :hugs:

It's safe,hun. They use a local anesthetic so it won't make it's way down to baby. I haven't had anything done teeth wise minus a cleaning this pregnancy but I did have a cyst removed from my breast in which they used a similar numbing agent that wouldn't reach baby.... and boobies are a lot closer than teeth!

I went to the dentist and was in the same position as you when after 20 years with no cavities I found out I had 4 of them. My dentist had no problem doing the fillings while I was pregnant but left the choice up to me & I decided to wait until after I have LO simply because I don't want to be stuck lying in the same spot for an hour with the pain that I am in right now.

I started getting mine filled around 26 weeks. They told me its safe, but they do limit how much they will do at a time so they don't need to use too much medication. Im sure everything will be just fine! And rom what I've read, NOT getting them filled is more likely to affect baby than getting it done.

I had a cavity filled at about 28/29 weeks. Both my doc and dentist were totally comfortable with it. Everything went well. You should be fine. :)

I made a dentist appointment today actually ! I told her I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and she told me anything but xrays is safe.. Still a little worried, but there medical professionals so they should know what there doing (I would hope) lol !

I have a huge hole in my tooth but too chicken to go have it filled :( it is safe though, I've had dentist work with my previous two pregnancies

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->