Nervous!

freddiesmum

mummy of two
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, just phoned the hospital to see how teenys night went and they turned round and said that he might be coming home tomoro! Now dont get me wrong, 8 and a half weeks ive been waiting for them to say that but it was only two days ago he was still being monitored! I feel sick with nerves! What if something goes wrong! I thought at best it wud b two weeks but TOMORO! EEEEK! I dont think im ready! X

You will be more ready than you know. :) It is scary though but think of it as you've had 8weeks to get to know your wee cherub before being fully responsible. Great news. A day or two and you'll be :cloud9:

We're never ready, but I don't suppose it would have been any different if we'd gone full term, except we got weeks to practice!

It's so exciting!!

You will be fine when he gets home, everything will just fall into place x

Will they let you room in before you bring him home? I roomed in the night before we took my little man home and it made me feel more confident about taking him home.

I was terrified at first though. I would stay up all night and put my finger under his nose to be sure he was still breathing. I still do that sometimes.

That's amazing news! It's scary the first night but you'll soon get into the way of it, I promise!! I don't think we slept the first couple of nights but we did relax fairly quickly. We roomed in for 2 nights and the first night was the worst - going from 24/7 monitoring and nurses being there, to us being expected to sleep?!

I still do check on her if I'm awake in the night - I don't think the worry every completely leaves but after the first few nights you'll feel like he's always been there!

xxxx

Well i am rooming in tonyt and tomoro nyt! I am currently in my hospital room with teeny asleep in his cot! Luckily he has a snort so i can hear him breathin. My oh is at home looking after my older boy so i am completly shitting myself! :-\
I am looking forward to him comin home, sunday now, just hoping he doesnt throw a tantrum with his jabs tomoro! Xx fingers crossed xX

Thats amazing news that he is coming home :0)

We were given 2 weeks notice for the day he was coming home but the night before, i shat myself bigtime (saying that, so did harry, all over me rofl)!!!!

As soon as he is home, you will forget all the worry and the last 8 and a half weeks in hospital, you wont sleep for a while, i wont lie but its all so worth it xxxxx

I KNEW IT!!!! I didn't want to say anything to get your hopes up but when you said they'd mentioned it I just knew it would be this weekend!
They mentioned it to me on the Tuesday, he had his op on the Thursday and I roomed in Friday and he came home Saturday!
So excited for you!!!! Pics when he's home please!!! :D

well ladies... my boy was meant to be coming home today and it turns out, hes not! he had his imunisations yesterday and as routine they turned his monitor back on and surprise surprise he's still desating and during his feeds he goes down into the 50's (which is actually nothing compared to what he use to do)!! anyways they have now put his tube back in and put him back down to three hourly alternate feeds!! it feels like this is never going to end!! i know i don't want to bring him home whilst he's still not 100% but i feel like im going round in circles!!! I think the reality of the last three months is starting to hit in because for the last 24 hours, everytime i think of teeny i just burst into tears and really i'm not sure what i'm crying for!!! ARGH!!!!

Just keep in mind that even just a few days can make a huge difference.. even by the end of the week he could have completely snapped out of it! I know a lot of the prem mummies on here talked about their babies suddenly turning a corner,I *think* it was 37/38 weeks, but I'll let them confirm.
The other thing staff kept saying to me is, once you go home, if they're readmitted they go to the paeds ward rather than neonatal, it's better to hold back until they are totally ready than rush them and end up back in.
I know how frustrating it is when you feel like it's one step forward and 2 steps back.. you probably won't feel better until he's HOME with you, and i hope he's up to it soon xx

they told us Ellie would be coming home on he mon on the sat and then when we went in on the sat evening she was tubed again!!! I was so upset and then they said that i would prob be another 2 weeks but she got the tube out on the tues and home on the fri!! it can all change so quickly I wish you luck and hope its sooner rather than later for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->