Nesting, but it hurts to move!

mammag

Expecting a Rainbow
Reaction score
I have ALL this energy, I want to scrub everything, but I have spd and if I move around too much I can barely walk without a limp. It's making me insane. I'm practically fantasizing about cleaning. Ugh!

Oh goodness, I'm feeling the same way of thinking nonstop of cleaning and getting things done but I have no energy!!

My husband thinks I'm crazy because I have day dreams about what I'll clean/organize next:rofl: I do just tiny bursts then poop out lol

:hugs: hope you manage to get sone stuff done with the spd. Maybe your nesting will rubb off on DH and he can help you out ;)

Oh how i wish i could move around better to finish up a few things before the baby

I feel ur pain!! I have spd too and today has been extremely bad, my other half is away at the moment so I have to do everything, we have washing that needs doing and although I can throw it in the machine from standing getting it out is another story, I'm managing to keep dishes to a minimum so loading and unloading the dishwasher isn't too much of a problem but when it hurts to even sit down or lay down at 27 weeks I don't hold out much hope in being able to nest later on in pregnancy. I hope ur pain eases soon

It definitely doesn't get better. The only thing that helps is not moving around much, and you pay dearly if you do happen to have a day where you feel ok and you wind up doing too much!!!

I can recommend though, that when it starts hurting, stop doing whatever you're doing and sit down, trying to push through the pain is a terrible idea and you'll wind up in agony.

I don't have SPD but my energy levels hit 0 by 8pm. I've got OH slaving away in the nursery while I lay down in the hallway because my back is killing and I'm too tired to be on my feet for more than a few minutes.

Mamma I completely agree, after sitting and doing nothing yesterday I feel a bit better today, so I unloaded the washing machine and put the washing to dry n I started to ache so iv sat back down to do nothing again. I think I was a bit nieve as to how much I can do, i didn't realise it wud hurt so bad if I did stuff

I suggest you bite the bullet and go to a chiropractor that works on pregnant women. My spd was so bad that I couldn't move for a while. I couldn't even clean the toilet for 2 weeks (normally I clean it at least once every few days because DS is experimenting with peeing at different angles when no one watches him).

After 5 treatments, I finally saw marked improvement. It still hurt, but not even close to how bad it was. Now that it's been 10 weeks or so of treatments, I am actually walking up and down stairs (at 38 weeks). It hurts to change position while lying down and it hurts when I'm sitting, or at times walking or standing, but still, WAYYYYY better.

Unfortunately, now I'm super out of breath doing even the slightly thing, so I still have to go slow.

I'm the same way. I would love to be able to get my house organized for LO, but it just hurts too much most days. Luckily I already have her clothes all washed and sorted in her dresser. Not much more I really need to get done, just things I want to do.
I have found ways to release some of my nesting energy though. On Sunday DH and I sorted through all our old stuff. We are planning on having a yard sale the middle of November and needed to figure out what we don't need anymore(which is a lot! DH has a bad habit of hording things in closets and our shed) I had DH pull everything out and into the living room, while I sat on the couch and sorted boxes. Then on Monday, I was feeling pretty good, so I did a bunch of baking! I make all of our bread from scratch and we were getting low. Also made some for my mom! I don't have to do a lot of bending, and with my kitchen being so small, I don't have to move around much at all. Today though, I over did it :( I did 4 loads of laundry, and I'm in agony. DH called on his break and asked me if I'd happened to finish the dishes as well. If I could have slapped him through the phone, I would have.

Your thread is describing me at this current moment. I got this huge surge to clean the hell out of my house yet I cant stand still for longer than 10 minutes feels like my legs are losing function.

I've considered the chiropractor, but I feel like I'm so close to the end now that I might as well just deal with it, plus I hate doctors of any kind really, lol. I still can't get anything done really. By the end of the day, when I stand up to do anything, sometimes I almost fall right back down. I've never even heard of SPD until this pregnancy, and it's enough to make me not want to have anymore kids, ever. I think it's kind of crazy that you just are expected to put up with it until the baby comes, and then it only goes away if you're lucky!! We're told to just accept way more things when there's a baby inside of us it seems.

I get the fun stuff of moving.house soon with it too, I have noticed I get an excruciating pain down the back of my thigh if I sit down for.too long though, can't win

I hope it goes away after the pregnancy for all of us. :( Can't imagine living like this forever.

My pubic bone cracked yesterday morning when I tried to turn from my right side to the left to get out of bed. It was agonizing pain. I was glad DH already took DS to school because I yelled out from how much it hurt. Then I couldn't move for 3 minutes afterward.

I get the pain down the back of the thighs when sitting too. Is that supposed to be sciatica?

Oh a cheap way that I feel like has helped me is laying down with a tennis ball on my hip/glutes, on any point that is tender and breathing through it. It is PAINFUL on those points but I feel like it really helps. Just make sure to do both sides because my right side was so painful that I only did the right side mostly, and now the left is too tight; I feel like that might be why my baby won't turn LOA like I want him to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->