Nesting instinct

Sarah369

Reaction score
When, if at all did you get the nesting instinct?

I'm 29 1/2 weeks and today have the urge to scrub my house from top to bottom. I never really got it first time round so is it normal to have it this early?

Was just wondering when/if you got yours?

TIA

I had it last week which was a nightmare as my spd means im restricted. I ended up sitting on my exercise ball cleaning and organising my kitchen cupboards. My DH thought i had lost the plot!

Never really had a nesting instinct with my first two, but then again, I believe that housework and cleaning are the antithesis to all that is good and holy in this world, so hey, might be just me...I did notice this go around that I have kept myself really busy the last 3-4 days making sure the house is stocked and we have everything we need to get us through the next couple of weeks. Maybe that's my version of nesting?? I'm 39+3 now.

I get really panicked about 36-37 weeks. I'll wash clothes, pack bags, clean and scrub kitchens and bathrooms, I will not physically sit down sometimes. It's happened both times and I've had mini-bouts of it (did with Eddy too) since being about 12 weeks, but they never last more than a day lol. I need (NEED! lol) hubby to go up in the loft and get the baby bits down for me. Then I'll be all set ready for my energy burst! lol :thumbup:

Glad it's not just me. I've been cleaning cupboard doors for the last hour haha

I'm 34 weeks today and have spent the past fortnight slowly cleaning and scrubbing everything! Rearranging cupboards, big clearouts to the attic/bin, cleaning everything in sight (and out of sight!) and generally just becoming a cleanfreak!! :)

I'm enjoying it though, it's keeping me active and my house has never looked better :)

I've got a teenager and a toddler, I haven't had any nesting yet I think I do enough cleaning to be honest, although I am washing all baby's stuff today as it's sunny in the uk!

I've had it for ages but I'm limited in what I can actually do, since all the clutter that needs gotten rid of or reorganized belongs to my in-laws. MIL is a huge pack rat and refuses to get rid of anything. She even cleans out and saves plastic to-go containers from restaurants.

It's so frustrating that this is what I'm going to have to bring my baby home to.

I never got the nesting thing with DS but iv had it for a few weeks now, not so much cleaning but sorting the house out getting rid of stuff that sort of thing

I've since starting this post. Deep cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. Done all my ironing two loads of washing. The hoovering, rearranged my cupboards and Sorted out the baby's stuff

Definitely nesting haha

I could have posted this thread myself!! I am 29 weeks and today I woke up and decided our wood floors needed a cleaning. I've been down on my hands and knees all morning scrubbing away, cleaning all the corners and trim as I go. It is definitely a lot harder now than normal, but I can't shake this excessive cleaning bug!! I feel like this is a bit early to begin the nesting though, no?

I've also been doing laundry all morning and vacuumed all the carpets. The BH's are ridic from this cleaning.

I could have posted this thread myself!! I am 29 weeks and today I woke up and decided our wood floors needed a cleaning. I've been down on my hands and knees all morning scrubbing away, cleaning all the corners and trim as I go. It is definitely a lot harder now than normal, but I can't shake this excessive cleaning bug!! I feel like this is a bit early to begin the nesting though, no?

I've also been doing laundry all morning and vacuumed all the carpets. The BH's are ridic from this cleaning.

I thought it was a bit early too. But hey I kinda like it. My house has never looked better lol.

I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor. It looks great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->