Neve Beatrice born 24/10/08

greenkat

Mummy of two
Reaction score
My waters broke on Thursday the 23rd at 3.15am. A massive surprise as I was 37 weeks, 6 days pregnant and had convinced myself I'd go overdue. There was so much fluid, I didn't expect so much!

After going to the hospital and getting checked out, finding that my cervix was closed, they said that if I didn't go into labour myself then I'd be induced on Saturday morning and sent me home.

I should have slept but didn't get any contractions so sorted out the house ready for when we got home again. At 8.30pm I started getting regular 10 min apart contractions. Phoned and went to the hospital again around 2am as they were 5 mins apart and getting unbareable but they sent me home again! They had done a ctg and checked my cervix which was still closed. They were very unfriendly - said go in again when I was getting 4 contractions in 10 mins.

They were way too strong though and at 7.30 to 8am we went back in. My OH made me walk as we only live 10 minutes away and I hated him for it but I think it helped - when we got to the hospital this time I was 5cm dialated and her head was very far down whereas before it was only just engaged.

I could go into some detail now but it would prob be really inaccurate - all I know is there was ALOT of pain and Neve Beatrice was born at 10.32am, 6 pounds 4. with me just on gas and air.

I had an amazing midwife and my OH was a star - couldn't have done it without them. All I can say is listen to your body, it knows what it's doing. I'll defo be having a home birth if I ever have another. I have an inner vaginal tear but that should heal on its own.

Neve is amazing, I'm overwhelmed, I don't know how I made someone so beautiful (though I know I'm biased).

Good Luck everyone who's soon to go into labour and congrats to everyone who has just had their LO - I have SO much respect for everyone that's been through labour. Totally worth it though.

Attachments

• 100_37834.jpg
    100_37834.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 153
Congrats-she's lovely. Love the name too! xx

Congratulations shes gorgeous! well done!

Congratulations hon x x

Huge congrats! She is such a beautie and I love the name! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"