Never been broody

ZoeClaire

Reaction score
I have never been broody and have never really been one whose sole purpose is to have children.

I have thought about it for the 8 years I have been with my partner (last 4 of them being married) but never really had more than a fleeting thought about it. However, for the last 6 months I have been thinking about it more and more but am now worried that with me at 35 and my husband at 41 we are now getting too old to try.

Most of my friends my age all got to 28/29 and started families saying to me that if we didn't do it now it would be too late by the time we were 33 so this has put doubts in my head.

I understand that everyone has different experiences but are the health concerns of the baby greatly increased by our age and are we heading for a trying time in what should surely be a happy time?

Don't think I've quite put what I mean but it's a starting point :dohh:

It is of course not to late to try. Just begin taking a good prenatal and trying to live a healthy lifestyle, if you do not already. Egg development is about three months. So work on eating a good diet and folic acid intake before you decide to try. You are still pretty young, hopefully you will have no issues.
:dust:

Suggest you visit gp and say that you are trying and are there any tests that you can have to check if everything is ok. I started TTC after 35 and tests take so long. We are now waiting for IVF. Hope you have better luck.

Definitely not too late to try! A close girlfriend of mine started at 35 and finally had her first at 39. Another close friend had her first at 36 and second at 37. Another friend had her first at 39 and second at 42. A PA I saw last year also had her first at 39 and second at 42. All of these women are educated, successful, and (okay, I'm imagining in the case of the PA) have meaningful lives outside of children -- being a mum was not their sole purpose in life. But they are all so glad they did have children. (all the kids have been healthy, btw).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->