Never Get A Real Positive OPK???

MRS_HJO

Reaction score
So I'm testing 3x a day, using wondfo opks. Been using them for 3 cycles, and still have not seen one true positive where the line is as dark or darker than the control. Really frustrating. I'm getting watery cm and ewcm, and a temp spike, so I'm pretty sure o happened. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, what tests are you using? When I was TTC #1, I used opks from early pregnancy test . com and got positives... So I know it's not user error on my part. Let me know if you have any advice or info for me please!

Hi. OPKs don't work for everyone. A lot of women on here say they don't get positives on OPKs but get a temp spike. Don't worry about it. It sounds like they're just not for you. But you're temping which seems to be the way to go off you. Good luck and Merry Christmas xx

That happens to me too. I've tried the clear blue digital opks though which monitor your individual levels and have gotten positives there. More expensive, but nice to have that reassuring "yes+" sometimes!

I'm also having trouble with tests. Occasionally I get a 'normal' process in which I'll get steadily darker lines and then a +ve, but mostly I get nothing, despite other symptoms. I drink a lot of water which I'm told can dilute the urine too much to detect the surge, so I wonder if it's this too. I've tried the extra sensitive strips and they sometimes pick it up, but the smileys/digis don't seem to - I've only ever had one +ve with a digi even when I've had them on the strips.

In short, I don't think it matters as long as you seem to be ovulating. I'm about to TTC, so I will have a go for a few months and if nothing happens might invest in a more complicated fertility monitor or see my doctor.

Good Luck!!! xxx

Are they the stick ones...? You know what, I've been wondering about this for a while too. The OPKs I'm using actually say (I've just ran to the bathroom to get the bit of paper!) -"If two colour bands are visible and the test band is of ALMOST equal or greater colour intensity.....this is a positive result" - so,I think firstly and foremostly, a progression is of most importance- so if you control for a few simple factors, like how dilute/concentrated your pee is, and what time you test, then you can see your personal progression and trust it. Then, if you can see an OBVIOUS faint-less faint-darker-almost as dark-fainter again pattern, then it probably doesn't matter that it's not actually AS dark- especially when coupled with all your other symptoms of ovulation. After all ,what on earth would the darkening mean if not ovulation, even if it's a shade lighter than the control line? They're not so amazingly sensitive that they go up in actual increments of LH, just a few variable stages that 'correspond' - i.e. faint=not ovulating, less faint=closer to ovulation, dark= ovulating (etc) Sorry about this ramble, I wanted to ramble it somewhere and since you asked a related question, you got my long answer! so the short one would be- I think yours is very likely positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->