Never thought of this!...

mellysue92

Mom of a "fur-baby" (dog)
Reaction score
Okay so I have been smoking for a little over a year now (Yeah, I gotta quit, I'm trying!) and while doing some research on things to try to help my quit, I read something pertaining to the fact that some women stop ovulating after smoking for a while. I am thinking this may be what my issue is! I haven't had a period for about 6-7 months now (No, obviously not pregnant haha) and I was wondering if anyone else who smokes/smoked (tobacco) has experienced anything like this? I read that it effects fertility but about 2 or so months after quitting, that your fertility will be the same as if you never smoked to begin with. My husband is deploying soon so I am going to be working on quitting while he is away so that hopefully everything goes back to normal before he comes home, and we can continue TTC#1! Any women have tips for quitting?

i had the same problem hun. i have smoked since i was 12 (i am 22 next month) stupid i know :( when i was 17/18 i went 9-10 months without a period. i quit smoking when i was 17 & my periods then went back to normal. i fell pregnant when i was 18 & i stupidly started smoking again at 19 after i had my LO. my periods have since been all over the place :wacko: dont know where it is related to smoking again or not, im unsure. but i haven't smoked for 3 days now so i'm hoping i can keep this up & hopefully go back to normal again :)

i wish you all the luck in the world to quit smoking, as i know how hard it is :( x

Thank you! I have been trying now since August of last year to quit but the universe is just against me! I get doing well to where I can quit, and something goes wrong! I've lost 2 great grandparents in the last six months and something like that's happened every time I've tried to quit! But this time I will make sure it gets done! I can't go much longer without my BFP, been waiting too long for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->