new - 2 late losses and stitch now!

spurskath82

Reaction score
hi all,
my name is Kath. briefly my story is that i fell pregnany in 2008 with my first ever pregnancy. everything was going well ha 20 week scan showed i was having a boy. at 23+2 i went to bed with what i thought were bad trapped wind pains. 4 hours later i called the hospital and drove myself in. i was told once there i was going to miscarry. Evan was born at 7am the next morning weighing just over 1lb. he died shortly after birth and i had to leave my first born in the hospital and plan his funeral.
i fell pregnant again a few months later. as i was never given a reason for Evan coming early i had weekly scans to measure my cervix from 16 weeks and regular swabs. all was fine and cervix was always closed and over 3cm until scan at 22+6 which showed it had started to funnel. i had an emergency stitch put in that day and it held until i was 24+4 when contractions started and after 11 hours my second son Dyfan was born breech in his water sca weighing in at 1.14lbs.
they took Dyfan to scbu where he started his fight to stay alive. he was a fighter but he did make things hard for himself! he had infection after infection, had an operation on his heart, an operation on his eyes, steroids to get him off the ventilator and many other things. we reached his due date and i thought he was going to come home. then he just got tired, his lungs got worse and he just couldn't fight anymore. the decision was made to stop offering intensive care and i held him for the first time without all the tubes and wires until he died in my arms.
never ever again was i putting myself or my family through this again.
until i found that Dyfan had been naughty before he left - i'm pregnant and from the scan dates was already pregnany when he died, despite being on the pill.
so the plan now is 2 stitches at 12 weeks- a macdonald stitch high up and a slowly dissolving one lower down to keep in the mucus plug. i've started progesterone pessaries today, and will have antibiotics and week before te stitch and after.
to say i'm scared is an understatement. my partner just can't cope with this and so has left me, and no idea how i'm going to manage financially as can't go from maternity to annual leave to sick!!! i've also been told my doc and occupational health i can't return to work!
just hoping for some reassurance that the plan for this pregnancy is going to get me to at least 30 weeks.
sorry i did say this was brief!!!!

Kathxxx

Hiya hun...congratulations :)

Im very sorry for your loss...:hugs:...

Welcome to BnB...Im sure you will get some great friendly advice from all the girls here...

I really hope everything goes well for you :hugs: xxx

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump! x

I am so sorry to hear of your losses :cry: Heaven has gained some wonderful angels... I hope this baby is an earth baby-Congrats on the pregnancy, I am sure you will figure out a way on your own-there is a single parents section on here, you may want to check that out:thumbup: :hugs: Oh, and welcome to BnB!

Welcome! :D

So sorry to hear of all 3 (your OH included) losses. I wish you the very best of luck with this pregnancy and hope you keep us updated!

You'll love this forum and will soon become addicted just like the rest of us, hehe xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->