New and a Little Nervous

Ellie Bellie

Enjoying my Little Girl!
Reaction score
Hello All!

I've been lurking for the past few days, and figured it was time to make myself known!

My DH and I have been talking about children for a LONG time - we've been together for over 18 years and just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last week. There have always been reasons for postponing, but we've finally agreed that there is no "perfect" time to have a baby and we aren't getting any younger. (We're both turning 36 in the next few months.)

So... it's time to start trying! And I must admit that I'm nervous and a little scared. My brain is running with 100s of "what if" scenarios. This is my first time in 18+ years that I've been off birth control, so I really have no idea how my body works in its "natural" state. After Norplant, OrthoEvra, and NuvaRing, I'm just hoping that my body remembers how to work! :wacko:

It's great to know that this group of ladies is here! I've already gained a lot just by reading up on threads and hope to gain (and hopefully contribute) a lot more!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi and welcome! Jump in and let us get to know you! :happydance:

Welcome - hopefully you've enjoyed our off topic ramblings about pets, lingerie etc LOL

Hi Ellie

I'm new too - we've just started trying as well.

This forum is really great and full of good ideas, tips and support. I also find it helpful to run thoughts and ideas by people who don't know me and who are in similar situations - I'm sure my single, childless friends would soon tire of any ramblings about temperature and ovulation!

Good luck!

I'm all about going off-topic! I'm forever getting distracted by silliness and shiny objects - DH has stopped trying to figure out how my brain works and what associations I make in there. (LOOK! A bunny rabbit!)

As to pets, I would LOVE to have a little furry family member. We decided to hold off on a dog until after a baby, just for daily scheduling and household routine. Right now, we have fish and we are HORRIBLE fishie parents! My only reassurance is that I'll be a better mommy!

Given that EVERYONE in my office seems to discuss my child status, I'm happy to be able to talk about it somewhere else and not feed the fire there. Get this, in the 5.5 years that I've been there, there have been 13 pregnancies among staff and spouses (and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing one or two in there). There are fewer than 20 people on staff! So there are a lot of eyes on me and my belly. For years, I've been telling them that I wouldn't drink the water in the office, but now I might start smuggling it home.

I'm all about going off-topic! I'm forever getting distracted by silliness and shiny objects - DH has stopped trying to figure out how my brain works and what associations I make in there. (LOOK! A bunny rabbit!)

As to pets, I would LOVE to have a little furry family member. We decided to hold off on a dog until after a baby, just for daily scheduling and household routine. Right now, we have fish and we are HORRIBLE fishie parents! My only reassurance is that I'll be a better mommy!

I killed the last fish DD had...note to self: room temp water does not mean warm, lol. I taped a pic of a fish that looked just like Herbie to the bowl and for a week she thought he was just 'resting' lol. :blush:

Hello and hope you feel at home soon :hi:

Dmom you are a nightmare LOL :laugh2: But DD not noticing a picture :shrug:

I was so embarrassed when my cousins came to visit and my little niece pointed out "Auntie, I think that one's dead. No, it's alive but maybe it's dying." UGH! We had to flush that one (and another one) and then gutted the entire tank that weekend.

Hahaha...you girls are funny. :haha: We too started our "parenting" with fishes. After numerous successful AND unsuccessful years, we dropped that idea and focussed on having human babies. :winkwink: Then one day, my friend arrived with a baby bunny she picked up from the street. No one in the street knew who it belonged to, and a dog was chasing it. So she couldn't leave it. She herself had a big dog, so she asked us to take care of it. A month or 2 later, we got another one from the petshop so that it could have a friend. Then we got a dwarf hamster last year. And 10 days ago my sister arrived on our doorstep with the most adorable puppy. I feel like I live in a zoo!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and welcome Ellie! :hi: I'm new too, I joined on here 2 days ago.

Hello to you too, Blue!

I often feel like I'm living in a zoo, and it's not because of the fish! Whenever the ILs come over, DH and I joke about cuing the circus music. We're on a trip to Canada this weekend and may look at "adopting" a few new fish once we return.

I did threaten to get a puppy last October when DH was out of town for my birthday, but couldn't bring myself to follow-through on it. We're just enjoying his parents' dog until we get one of our own.

Hello All!

I've been lurking for the past few days, and figured it was time to make myself known!

My DH and I have been talking about children for a LONG time - we've been together for over 18 years and just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last week. There have always been reasons for postponing, but we've finally agreed that there is no "perfect" time to have a baby and we aren't getting any younger. (We're both turning 36 in the next few months.)

So... it's time to start trying! And I must admit that I'm nervous and a little scared. My brain is running with 100s of "what if" scenarios. This is my first time in 18+ years that I've been off birth control, so I really have no idea how my body works in its "natural" state. After Norplant, OrthoEvra, and NuvaRing, I'm just hoping that my body remembers how to work! :wacko:

It's great to know that this group of ladies is here! I've already gained a lot just by reading up on threads and hope to gain (and hopefully contribute) a lot more!

Hi Ellie! Welcome :hugs::hugs: Love your profile pic! I'm an Eeyore fan myself :thumbup:

I killed the last fish DD had...note to self: room temp water does not mean warm, lol. I taped a pic of a fish that looked just like Herbie to the bowl and for a week she thought he was just 'resting' lol. :blush:

:rofl::rofl: That is fantastic! :haha:

Hi Ellie! Welcome :hugs::hugs: Love your profile pic! I'm an Eeyore fan myself :thumbup:

I love Eeyore! DH is a complete Eeyore, while I'm more of a Tigger. When we used to pass in the halls and I'd say "G'mornin'" to him, I'd get the "If indeed it is a good morning, which I doubt."

My friend snapped this pic while DH was out of town for the weekend. I sent it to him and said I was getting cuddles from my surrogate hubby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->