New and TTC

MizunoRunner

Reaction score
My name is Lisa, I am 31. My husband is 36. We are newly married and trying to conceive. However, we have the added difficulty in that he works in Kuwait and I live in the states. We have planned my next visits to Kuwait to be timed with my predicted ovulation - which I have been tracking periods for the last year and noting some signs of ovulation. We are newlyweds and actively started trying on our honeymoon last month. I am now in the dreaded waiting weeks. I should have ovulated on June 27th. My expected period is July 12. I've never been pregnant, neither of us have children but really want them.

I have taken two pregnancy tests...only because I couldn't contain myself. I tested at 3 days post ovulation and at 9 days. However, I do realize this is probably too early to test. So, now I just pray that there won't be a period. I've got a few more days to wait, but with every bit of my being I am praying for pregnant. I had a Leep procedure in 2006 and there was a lot of scar tissue, so much that they said I might have a difficult time conceiving. However, I like to think that because I do have regular periods that I can conceive.

I don't know if my mind and body so want to be pregnant that my feeling different is all in my head. So far I have noted the following:
-Incredibly tired, so tired, feel like falling asleep at work, after I wake up want to sleep more, on the way home from work...just so tired.
-Not much of an appetite
-like there is a lump in my throat, not nauseated, but not normal
-thirsty, much more than normal
-vivid dreams...crazy vivid

I know a couple of weeks is probably too early to notice anything, so I assume it is all in my head.

Does anyone here remember the first couple of weeks?
Did you have symptoms?

I am taking vitamins and have been for a few months. However, I switched to some chewables that contain the nutrients I need---I compared them to the prenatal I was taking. I figure taking a chewable is better for me as I don't feel well at taking the others and so I know I am at least getting nutrients.

I would appreciate any feedback. Waiting is so hard and then if there is the disappointment of not being pregnant we have to wait until my next trip to Kuwait in August.

Hi Lisa, welcome to BnB - you'll find so much help, support and sound advice on here.

When we first started TTC, I was convinced every little thing in the TWW was a 'symptom' and I'd noticed stuff that I'd never noticed before.

In the end, the only symptom I ever had was sore boobs (never affected by AF) and 'feeling different'.

Hope you get your :bfp:

I didn't really get any symptoms until about 8 weeks and then it was extreme tiredness and nausea.

Welcome to BnB and sending you baby dust!! :) :dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for the replies.
I am still hoping but I am starting to feel like it is all in my head.

It is just that we have to wait out another cycle and can't try again until I see him in August.

But I still have 4 or 5 more days to wait.

:hi:

Welcome to BnB

The very first person who replied to my very first thread said that when you are TTC you often notice things about your body you might never have before. I think thats very true. Even if you are noticing things and you dont get your :bfp: this time, you have learned a few more things about you :)

Good luck on your journey.

From another TTC Lisa :hugs:

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. And Mervs Mum....thanks for the tip about paying attention.

hello and welcome :hi: hope you get your :bfp: really soon - i found that before i got mine i had a heightened sense of smell, and really sore boobs, as well has a funny metal taste in my mouth x

:hi: Welcome to BnB hope you have fun and make lots of friends here the girls on here are great Good luck on getting your :bfp: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->