New carrier = happy mummy!

eldar

Mama to Wyn and Will
Reaction score
My babyhawk has arrived and I love it!

Only 10 minutes in it and she was fast asleep - and for the first time I could get her out of the carrier and into her crib without waking her up!

I've been relying on my new native pouch but this is so much better, I also have a mothercare version of the carrier but the mei tai is so much easier, stylish and much more comfy!

A rather pleased, we are off for a long walk in the sun later to give it a proper road test :happydance:

(the only thing is that she is still so small that she's a bit lost in it! She's just too big to do froggy legs inside but not quite big enough to have them outside. Her head is right down inside too so she can't see out - no wonder she fell asleep. I will have to work out how to fold it so she is higher up and can see out.)

On a MT you can roll the bottom up to make the body shorter. When you go to put it on apron style, just fold it over once before wraping it round and tying it - if that makes sense.

cheers, I'd just worked that one out!

Very cute now she can see out, I'm likeing this. So much easier to adjust or move on my shoulders when it gets a bit uncomfortable.

Also, if you find that the bottom of the babyhawk is a little bit wide for her legs, you can tie a ribbon around it to gather it in a bit. I did that and ended up sewing it in place cos it was so much better for her. In fact, it's still sewn smaller now at 7 months... maybe should think about undoing it!

Where did u get your babyhawk? we are looking at getting one, and looking for where is the best place to get it, also do u find it comfy? we have a mothercare basic carrier, but i find it so uncomfortable after a short time, and she is getting big now so want a nice comfy one!

i am soo in LOOOOOVE my babyhawk! ( i still love my moby too!)

she falls asleep when i wear her on my back.
good idea about the ribbon.
i got mine on ebay. mine is this one:https://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL403/10958272/19485729/361605221.jpg
with black straps!

For preloved natural mamas forum is good.

Jayleigh on here is selling one though - she will be back on next week.

https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/308401-babyhawk-mei-tai.html

ohhhh scally you must get one! I too upgraded from the mothercare carrier - which gets so uncomfortable. The best way I can describe it is that it's like that carrier, it has shoulder and waist straps but with a freedom and ease that the mothercare doesn't - I found it such a faff to get on and off, always pulling on my shoulders and the waist support doesn't help much.

The babyhawk is comfy and my LO is much more free to sit in it and look around, without having to fit her legs here or do the velcro up there.

I bought mine from slumber-roo

https://slumber-roo.co.uk/type/10/mei-tai

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"