new child tax credits for 2012!!!!!

Dont worry when Labour come back into power it will all go back to normal x

Labours version of normal is hemorrhaging money and not thinking about the consequences which is why the cuts are having to be so harsh.

I agree with most of the cuts tbh but they have started on disabled people which is wrong

Yup, Labour is the reason why we are in such a mess in this country in the first place. They like to say it was the global economy that faltered and they just had to manage things as effectively as they could but that's a pile of poo. They were just absolutely useless at managing the country's finances and now the Conservatives are clearing up the mess they left behind and at times making decisions that people don't like but they have no other options. All the while, people like Ed Miliband appear to have forgotten that he was part of the problem and thinks we can't remember........oh dear, oooh I'm talking politics now oopsie.:dohh:

A d it's all going to change again soon with Universal Credits!

It is easy for people to say that anyone earning over 50k should be able to afford to lose £20.30 a week but often, people live within their means and losing £80 a month (or more) could be a big chunk in some families. Its also important to consider that so called 'high earners' are also on a higher tax band so are already contributing more to the economy.

This isn't to say that I disagree with the cuts, I am totally on board with what the government is trying to achieve. Yes its tough and yes there is a long way to go yet but its all necessary to get us out of the mess we are in. In my opinion, if the high earners are being hit in their pockets then those people on other benefits (disability and pensions aside) should also accept their benefits simply have to be capped too.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"