new child tax credits for 2012!!!!!

Jaz_

1st time mum
Reaction score
WOT THE FU*K!!!

Ok mite b a bit behind the times here but i just looked at the changes to tax credits from 2012 an the income limit for couples has gone down from 41,300 to 27,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so bacially unless ur household income is below 27,000 u r goint to be entitled to nothing!!!!!!?????

If this is wrong then please tell me i really hope to god it is, becasue this would mean no help to childcare costs r nethin!!!!!!??????

think the income limits are higher to get help with childcare... know they are at the moment anyway. am hoping they are next year to as i will be training and won't even get paid enough to cover my childcare...!

ur household income has to be below £27,000 for next year or you wont be entitled to anything, its a fu*king joke!

I'm probably going to be viewed as a bitch for saying this, but why have a child if you know you can't afford to support them without benefits?

I waited until I was in a financially stable position to have a baby, that meant I had to wait til I was 29. I hated waiting, but imo it was the right thing to do. I couldn't have afforded a baby before then.

Flame me down now!

We get £545 a year at the moment but from April will get £37 a year because we have 1 child. I will tell them to stick it. We would get approx £200 childcare help but not sure from april. If less than this then I cant afford to work or not work!!

We can afford a child and my dad was going to watch lo when I go back to work but now they are moving away so we have to put her in childcare which has totally screwed us up either way. I got told by many that if everyone waited until they were financially ready then you may never have children. They say you just some how manage. I am 28 now.

xx

yeah you need to earn less than 27k to get anything

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10416333

I dont get where it mentions the tapered off bit for the family element (which is all we get at the moment). How does that work? I am going back hopefully 27 hours a week - our total joint income will be £26586 (if hubby gets 1k yearly payrise this will be £27586).

xx

I'm probably going to be viewed as a bitch for saying this, but why have a child if you know you can't afford to support them without benefits?

I waited until I was in a financially stable position to have a baby, that meant I had to wait til I was 29. I hated waiting, but imo it was the right thing to do. I couldn't have afforded a baby before then.

Flame me down now!

In an ideal world maybe you would be right but for some people, their circumstances change beyond their control. I never expected I would end up as a single mom on benefits. When I started my family I was married and had a good job but now my husband has left me and I can't afford to work because the cost of childcare for 3 pre-schoolers in comparison to what I would earn makes it impossible to work.

Flame me down now!

In an ideal world maybe you would be right but for some people, their circumstances change beyond their control. I never expected I would end up as a single mom on benefits. When I started my family I was married and had a good job but now my husband has left me and I can't afford to work because the cost of childcare for 3 pre-schoolers in comparison to what I would earn makes it impossible to work.

Well that's completely different. I was referring to people who think about what benefits they're going to be entitled to before they're even pregnant etc. Sadly I do know people like that :(

But I didn't post that to cause an argument anyway, it's just my opinion. I don't know the OP's situation, that could be how it's happened for her and if it is i'm sorry for her.

We are not entitled to anything anyway but hoping we may get something towards childcare next year as I will either be at uni or training and therefore earning very little so I would have to rely on oh to help with chilcare from his wages! The only thing I find a little annoying is that we earn just above thresholds which is fine BUT oh loses over a third of wages through tax pension and student loan before the money hits the bank!

OT but Louppey where did you get the Christmas ornament in your siggy pic? It's gorgeous x

OT but Louppey where did you get the Christmas ornament in your siggy pic? It's gorgeous x

Thanks hun. I got it in my local garden centre, it's by a company called Enchante. I had to have it!!! It's so true :cloud9:

Flame me down now!

Agreed. I know that circumstances change sometimes after the birth of the child, but I know waaaaaay too many people having babies when they really can barely afford to live themselves, and people already on benefits having more children! I have a few too many opinions on the matter so I won't divulge. Lol.

ohh dear thats a bit rubbish if thats correct, I only get £10 a week anyway but every little helps. Im not sure how that will affect me going back to work in April now.

and unfortunately I waited and waited until i was financially stable and it never happened what with my OH redundancies etc I waited until I was 32 and do get a bit of help - but no doubt we would get by if the benefits werent there

Flame me down now!

Agreed. I know that circumstances change sometimes after the birth of the child, but I know waaaaaay too many people having babies when they really can barely afford to live themselves, and people already on benefits having more children! I have a few too many opinions on the matter so I won't divulge. Lol.

LOL we obviously know the same sort of people :haha:

Yup I have a family member who is a little younger than me and each time one child goes to full time school she gets pregnant. Has never worked a day in her life, was claiming as a single parent when her oh was on a decent wage and wont get married as she knows it will change benefits situation. And she has a nice car and has hols abroad etc with 3 children yet me and hubby worked all our working life and struggle and cant afford to drive! Lol. And I know of a girl who is a year older than me and has 7 children almost all my different dads and splashes the cash!!! xx

Yup I have a family member who is a little younger than me and each time one child goes to full time school she gets pregnant. Has never worked a day in her life, was claiming as a single parent when her oh was on a decent wage and wont get married as she knows it will change benefits situation. And she has a nice car and has hols abroad etc with 3 children yet me and hubby worked all our working life and struggle and cant afford to drive! Lol. And I know of a girl who is a year older than me and has 7 children almost all my different dads and splashes the cash!!! xx

Yeah this is exactly the sort of people I was thinking about when I wrote my original reply :dohh:

Arggghhh I best not get started :rofl:

We only get £43 a month anyway but gutted to know next year we will earn £750 too much to get the £43!

I can live without it, never expected anything and was shocked when we got this award so it was a bonus.

Yeah this is exactly the sort of people I was thinking about when I wrote my original reply :dohh:

Arggghhh I best not get started :rofl:

Lol. I reported the said family member and somehow she managed to blag her way out of it even though she had been doing it for about 7 years! And now I believe she is in a better situation!!! :shrug: Shocking.

xx

Flame me down now!

well said!! that is the exact same thing we did, and I was 29 too when I had my little boy! I've wanted children for years and years but never afforded to give them a decent upbringing before now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->