New Cycle..Any Ideas?

crystal443

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

New cycle for us and I've got two more before I agree to have IVF...so I'm on epo, MACA,Prenatals and Folic Acid and I stopped using Concieve Plus but I might start again this cycle. I might order soft cups today but I'm not sure they'll get here in time:cry: They don't sell them here for whatever reason:dohh: Anyway I was reading up on the SMEP Method as well and might try that too..am I missing anything?? Anyone else trying something different this cycle?

Do you mind if I ask, does your prenatal also have folic acid in it?

It does have Folic Acid but then our FS put me on a seperate Folic Acid tablet as well..I guess because I'm 36

It does have Folic Acid but then our FS put me on a seperate Folic Acid tablet as well..I guess because I'm 36

If the doctor ordered it, then you're good to go! The EPO should only be taken until OV and I personally haven't tried maca. Have you looked for Instead cups in the female aisle of your store? That is what Softcups are called in my Walmart.

I don't know what to suggest that you probably haven't already done.:hugs:

When I change something, it tends to be bd positions or bd timing.

Maybe have great sex while in the shower after drinking tons of caffeine?:winkwink:

If the doctor ordered it, then you're good to go! The EPO should only be taken until OV and I personally haven't tried maca. Have you looked for Instead cups in the female aisle of your store? That is what Softcups are called in my Walmart.

Yeah I've looked everywhere and when I googled it.. I found out their not sold in Australia..crazy:dohh:

Maybe have great sex while in the shower after drinking tons of caffeine?:winkwink:

HEHE..shower is a no go zone for us:blush: DH is 6'2 and I'm 5'2..we tried and failed:haha:

I really wish I had some solid advice for you; but, I am still here in TTC and am facing IUI/IVF myself. I think the thing to keep in mind is that we can only do to much and trying more isn't always the best option. I don't know if you have been diagnosed with any fertility issues, if you mentioned it before and I missed it, I apologize, but adding in new things can make a problem that much harder to fix. :hugs:

HEHE..shower is a no go zone for us:blush: DH is 6'2 and I'm 5'2..we tried and failed:haha:

I am 5'1", DH is 6'1"...with creativity, it will work, lol! :happydance:

I'm unexplained, I ovulate fine and am regular every month the FS thinks it most likely lies with the sperm meeting the egg. Everything was normal as far as testing goes, which in some ways we are lucky because we were told we have a very good chance IVF will work. I guess its one of those things in life I just felt like it needed a bit more time and if it didn't work we'll go with plan B. That's the down side to unexplained I guess because it is possible to get pregnant next month its also very possible it won't happen...lmao, so I've given us until September and then Plan B :)

I am unexplained as well and I tell myself the same thing, lol. And I am only saying this about me, but at some stage in the game it is time to suck it up, lol. If I would've done things when the doctor first presented me with my options, I wouldn't still be doing this. I have my DD, so I always think next month will be it.

Silly right? lol

Nope not silly...I think the same thing and to be fair next month could be the month:wacko: I have had to tell myself to suck it up too :haha: I think its partly the thought of paying for a baby when I've made two for free:dohh: Sounds terrible but is very true a cycle costs us around $8000-$9000 for a full cycle of IVF however we will get half of that back the day of egg transfer but its still a hefty chunk of change:nope: FS won't let us do IUI because she said we'd get better value with IVF:wacko: WHen will you be doing a cycle if you decide to?

I've gotten pricing close to your range and more than double that, lol. Like anything else, it's a business and paying for it scares me. Realistically, September would probably be when we started, but I can think of a million reasons to put it off, lol. I really am on the fence on this one and depending on when you ask me, I might give you two completely different answers.

LOL...Yep it is definatley a business!! My DH has made me swear I would go ahead in September:thumbup: I've been putting it off since last December so I've promised I would go ahead but I have a million reasons we should wait. I don't even know why I want to wait:shrug: as DH said it will give us our baby it just all sounds so intimidating with shots and collecting eggs and the killer for me is thinking about that TWW.:nope: So I'm going for it these next two cycles and hoping it'll happen. If it doesn't well I know we did everything we could:happydance: I think maybe for unexplained ladies we need to have that time to accept its not going to happen and no one can rush that process:hugs:

Yep, I give myself vit B12 by injection monthly so I'll do the shot myself.. it'll be a Flare cycle and the stims will be Puregon and the nasal spray (can't remember what its called)

I am scared of all of it, TBH. Aren't we just supposed to have unprotected sex?

Hey, I'm 5'3" and DH is 6'3" (a shower with a tub works well. You can stand on the side of the tub.)

Maybe we've caught on to something. If there is a 12" difference between you and your partner, you could have unexplained infertility, lol.

My first was unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs and I finally got pregnant.

Now, after 2 spontaneous pregnancies, my body isn't working right . . . again.

Just this past month I've accepted that I am going to need help. I've scheduled my appt with my RE Aug. 1st. I'd like to try a couple of months of meds/injectables whatever and see if that results in anything. If not, I'll go to IVF. IUI worked the first time, but the success rate is so low, and I invest so much emotionally while doing fertility treatments, I want the best chance possible.

I don't want to do it either. I'm just hoping that if I make the embryo, it'll stick.

I'm terrified of IVF on other levels, but I'm not voicing those yet because they aren't actually problems yet.

We are meant to have unprotected sex and then take a test wait nine months and there's a baby:shrug: I'm glad I wrote this post now its hard to find ladies that have unexplained and are dragging their heels on IVF and already have kids...lol. So many cases of fertility issues now, I'm a bit worried for DD later in life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->